o n e

the first day of class was finally here and she didn't have much of expectations for that year. she wasn't excited about going back to school. she knew her life will be as monotonous as always, nothing will change.

she was sitting inside the car as she looked through the window how the students were rushing inside, some of them were laughing and making jokes. they looked happy, different from her. a heavy sigh was heard by her driver as he turned around to look at the girl on the back seat.

"agasshi you're going to be late for school." he respectfully addressed to her. she turned to look at him and gave him a warm smile as usual.

he couldn't deny that even if the girl had a miserable look on her face, her charm was always beyond compare. she was sweet and kind to everyone but there was something like an unhappy aura about her, he couldn't quite figure out what it was in all those years he has been working for the im family.

"kamsahamnida ahjussi." she said as she slowly opened the door and stepped outside of the vehicle.

kim hee-jun waited in the car as he watched the girl walking slowly towards the school gates, he felt his heart twitching every time he would drove her back to the school every first day of the school year. he couldn't help but remember with nostalgia the first time he drove her to the school, she was only 8 years old back then, and this was almost 9 years in the past. he waited until the girl disappeared inside the doors when he grabbed the wheel and did his way back to the household.

after the welcoming ceremony, she walked through the familiar halls. she's been here since forever, never changed schools in her entire life. she knew pretty well those rooms around her, she have had classes in almost most of them. a hubbub was heard when she saw some students younger than her, running around at the end of the hall. a couple of teachers trying to discipline them. for a second she missed the time when she was a kid and a heavy sigh left her heart.

"22" she mumbled the classroom's number as she stood in front of the white door. a small window gave her access of the scene inside. she spotted a few students talking, some other listening to music. she sighed and swallowed hard before walking in. a few of them turned their heads to her direction and eyed her movements. she took a seat at the back of the classroom as usual and organized her stuff as she tried to ignore the looks on her.

it was true, she didn't have many friends in school, people usually will consider her weird, that's why not much people talked to her. she only had one friend, keiko, and she was pretty sure the fact that keiko liked her was because she was not from goyang, she wasn't even korean. she was japanese and she moved there two years ago, so they got together in the art class when she realized nari had an amazing talent for drawing and sketching too.

she liked keiko's company, even if she was talkative and very different from nari, she knew she had a true friend in her.

"nari-yah!" she heard her familiar voice and turned her head to see her friend keiko coming towards her. she had a bright smile and was holding a stack of books that seemed to be bigger than her.

"i didn't know we were in the same class this year. i am relieved to know we're together." keiko said as she sat in front of her. she smiled warmly at her friend, inside she was relieved too and was happy that keiko was with her in the same class.

"it's good to see you again keiko-yah."

"my parents got me this as a gift of good luck on our new school year." keiko pulled out a box of watercolors from her backpack. nari looked at them in awe, they were really pretty. she smiled and nodded in agreement.