Chapter 4, Getting rid of you

Everyone sat at the table, laughing and eating, but Keelyn just sat and watched Lilac take bites of her food, knowing that by midnight, she would be dead. "Keelyn, this is really good, what's in it?" Lila asked

"Secret." she said with a smirk. Kenzie glared at Keelyn, she knew what was going on, but was too scared of her to do anything else. Everyone was having a good time, laughing, singing, and eating. Lilac later went to her room after complaining about her stomach hurting and jon then followed. That night Lilac and Jon had there own fun in the bed.

Lilac woke the next morning feeling sick and dizzy, when Keelyn saw Lilac that next morning she was furious, why was she not dead yet?

"Someone help, Kenzie isn't breathing!" Lily yelled. Everyone ran to Kenzie's bedroom and saw her lifeless body laying on her bed, her mouth full of blood. Kenzie ate Lilacs meal, she saved Lilac.

"How did she die?" Keelyn asked

"We don't know, and we are not, I repeat not going to waste our time on figuring this out, this is not scooby doo people, there is no mystery, she is dead and that is that." Lily said, she then walked out of the room. Keelyn and Patrick took the hands and feet of their friend and drug her to the backyard, her body was burned. The group of six became a group of five.

"Jon, I need to talk to you about something," Lilac said, tugging at Jon's shirt, they both walked outside and strolled down main street, watching children play tag and dogs chase after them.

"What's up love?" Jon said, Lilac loved when Jon called her love, but at the same time it gave her stomach a weird twisting feeling.

"I'm pregnant." she said

"What?"

"Jon, you're the father of this baby." Jon stood there wide eyed, and jaw on the floor, "Say something won't you." she said shaking his shoulders.

"I'm so excited!" he said smiling ear to ear. He took Lilac head in his hands and brought her to his lips. Keelyn was watching everything, her whole body was shaking and the veins in her neck were popping under her red skin. She was determined to kill Lilac and have Jon.

That night Keelyn was found pacing around her room thinking of the perfect way to kill Lilac, but what she doesn't know is that night Lilac and Jon had left, they were on their way to Iowa to find Jon's parents. Jon had left home at the young age of 16 because he thought there was nothing left for him in the small town of woodward, and he was right, Lilac wasn't there with him. His parents always had some resentment towards him, he never came home for the holidays, he never made surprise visits, he wasn't even there for his sister's funeral. His sister had just turned 21 and she went out with some friends to have her "first" drink, unfortunately it was her last. Her car had flipped while on her way home, when they tested her blood they didn't just find alcohol but they also found cocaine and small amounts of heroine. She had died before the car flipped. She died of overdose. Jon was walking along side Lilac, holding her hand and swaying their arms.

"Jon, why do you want to find your parents now, when the world is ending?" she said

"Well lets just get one thing straight, the world is not ending, and because I don't want them to think I hate them."

"I don't think they think that, and they don't think they hate you either."

"I know, I just have to do this, for me ya no." he said shrugging his shoulders.

"Let's keep walking, we might hit a motel here soon." Lilac said while pulling Jon's hand behind her. Her long ponytail whipping him in the face causing loose strands to fill his mouth, and the scent of blood to fill his nose. They walked for hours, the hot kansas sun beat down on them, and as the sun disappeared the moon shined, causing beads of sweat to turn to frozen water on their foreheads. "Jon, look!" she said, jumping up and down. Jon looked up and saw a plump biter limping to him, his eyes red, and his neck was open for the world to see. Jon slowly approached the beast and stuck his pocket knife in the eye of the biter, killing it and causing him to fall on top of the biter. "Are you okay?" She said jogging over to him, she grabbed his hand and yanked him up off of the dead man. When he was up on his feet he pointed to a large building behind Lilac, it was a Super 8. As they crossed the cracked road layered with biters they could hear faint yelps come from the inside. Their pace quickened to a jog, which grew to a sprint as the screams became louder, as if from a horror movie. They ran through the lobby and made a right turn down the hall, the screams grew louder as they came to the last room in the hall. The door was open a smidge and they heard one final scream before Jon kicked the door in and saw a two people struggling with biters. Lilac took her knife and stuck it into the back of the biters skull, Jon did the same. And as the biters fell to the floor they realized just who was standing in front of them. There stood a blood covered Patrick and Keelyn.

"Hello friends." Keelyn said.

"Hey." Lilac said awkwardly, eyeing Jon for some help.

"How did you know we were coming here." Patrick said.

"We didn't, we were walking and we heard screaming so we thought we could help." Jon said.

"Chill out, y'all are fine, now let's go clear this place." Keelyn said walking past Lilac, shoulder checking her. Lilac looked at Jon meeting his dark gray eyes, they both shrugged and walked out of the room, following Patrick and Keelyn. As they went room to room they both started to settle down a little bit and set the idea that maybe it was fate they found eachother again. But still there was an inkling of concern in the back of Lilacs head as Keelyn dug the Knife into each biter, as if she was letting anger out about someone. Her rage made Lilac very uncomfortable, so she and Jon both went to find a room to stay in as Keelyn and Patrick finished the other half of the building.

"Jon, can we leave in the morning?"

"What, why would you want to leave, we have shelter and food?"

"It's Keelyn, after Kenzie died, everyone talked about how Keelyn was the main suspect." Jon cut her off.

"Lilac, she died from natural causes, Keelyn is not to be feared, she is our friend."

"What natural cause leaves someone dead with a mouth full of blood Jon!"

"Keep your voice down, listen it's been a long night, you should just get some sleep."

"Whatever." And with that Lilac fell onto the bed and crawled under the blankets burying her face into the pillow.

"Yeah Lilac, you're just tired, go to bed." Keelyn said standing outside of the room, ear pressed to the door.

"Why do you hate her?"

"Patrick, we talked about this."

"I know but I still don't understand."

"Me and Jon were together until she came back, he cheated on me with her, time for some payback."

"But me and you are a thing, are you not happy?" patrick said staring at the ground.

"No I am Patty-boy, it's just complicated." she said reaching for Patrick's hand. They gave eachother a few really weird looks, then skipped off to their room while holding hands. Jon clicked the tv on and to his surprise a blue screen came up and scrolled across it was the words 'Insert disc'. He began to rummaging through the drawers and cupboards looking for an old movie or just anything at this point. He found nothing until he went to the small mini bar fridge. Inside was a disc labeled The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

"Score!" Jon walked to the DVD player and popped the disc in and like a kid on christmas, sat at the foot of the bed and watched the movie wide eyed. He replayed the movie till the sun came up, by the time Lilac woke up he was only half way through the movie on his third round.

"Jon, did you stay up all night watching that stupid movie?"