Chapter 8

A/N - Fuck Trump, that's all I'm gonna say

Camila's POV

Sometimes, running away from problems makes the problems worse, or it causes more problems. That is a very good description about the situation as it is right now. I ran away from my problems, literally, and I not only made them worse; a few more problems have joined the party.

Right now my problems are: sitting in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night, coping with losing my best friend, who happens to be my crush too, and having to deal with a recent addiction. Oh, have I mentioned the fact that Lauren is probably in great danger because of me? Probably not. Anyways, I am lighting another cigarette; sitting against a wall feeling numb. My thoughts are all over the place. I can't seem to focus on a particular one. It would be really helpful if I could at least come up with a plan to get away from here. But right now, I am not really capable of doing anything else besides smoking. Damn cigarettes.

''Hey, wake up.'' I feel someone nudging my shoulder. As I open my eyes, I see really pretty green eyes. As I open my eyes some more, I see the most beautiful girl in the world. It's Lauren.

''L-Lauren?'' I croak out. I try to touch her face. As I touch it, I feel something really weird. A beard. 

''Sorry to disappoint,'' A guy's voice says. ''But I am not Lauren.'' As I open my eyes again, I see a handsome looking guy with brown eyes. He looks at me with a smirk, not a mean one though. 

''I am Zayn,'' He tells me. ''I live around the corner. What are you doing in a neighborhood like this?'' 

I look at him. My mom told me not to trust strangers, especially boys. But Zayn has  a calming personality or something, because I suddenly feel the urge to tell him everything. To just pour my heart out about the girl who stole my heart and who's in love with me too. The girl who I hurt really bad by not saying 'I love you' back. The girl who ran away from me not too long ago. The girl who is probably in danger because of me. A tear rolls down my cheek. 

Zayn looks at me sympathetically, wiping the tear away with the pad of his thumb. 

''Hey, it's okay.'' He tells me, moving to sit next to me. He then drapes his arm over my shoulder and pulls me towards his chest. While lightly stroking my hair, he speaks up.

''Hey, even though I don't know what happened, I can see in your eyes that you're missing someone. Someone who means a lot to you. May I ask you what happened?'' 

I look up at him. In his eyes I see nothing else but curiosity and adoration. I shift a little, lighting another cigarette and speak up. ''She means the world to me Zayn, and I fucked up. I fucked everything up. And I don't even know where she is right now. How am I going to fix this, Zayn?'' I ask him desperately, more tears rolling down my cheeks. ''On top of that, I don't even know where I am, I have never been in this neighborhood before.'' 

Zayn scoots over to me, grabbing the cigarette and putting it out. Then he breaks it and throws it away.

''Before we are thinking about our action plan to get you out of here, you need to quit smoking. A beautiful girl like you shouldn't be doing shit like that.'' Zayn says. ''And if she really means the world to you, I am going to help you find her.'' 

The corners of my mouth curl into a small smile. ''Thank you,'' I manage to whisper.

''Sometimes, the right road has obstacles. Some people get rocks, others get hills. But you got mountains. If this person really means the world to you, you have to be willing to climb the mountains. If you're not willing to do that, either you're selfish or this person is not the one. Your choice.'' Zayn says, standing up and walking away.

''Are you coming?'' he asks me.