Chapter 1

Paul's pov:

He was cute, everything about him I loved. But one thing I couldn't understand was that he never spoke. People would always belittle him because of his family, and just call him names. And not one word came out of his mouth. But I can see it in his facial expressions, he was hurt by people actions. I decided to approach him to figure it out.

Daryl's Pov:

I am selectively mute. For people who don't know, I'll put it t'ya in a short way. Its basically a anxiety disorder. I get overwhelmed in social situations and I choose not to speak. I choose not to talk because i feel its better for me that way. Don't really see the big deal, as much as people say shit bout my family, its the truth. Just wish people werent so interested, cause I'm sure as hell not. And this kid Paul, th' hell he thinks he is always staring at me? Sure I'll admit hes cute, but hes probably jus like everyone else..

---In the halls---
Paul approaches Daryl trying to talk to him. "Hey, so I'm not trying to be rude or anything. Im kinda curious about why don't you ever speak or stand up for yourself. Like I see people say mean shit to you, and I wanna say something but i dont want to be an intruder." Paul stated looking at the taller male. And just like everyone else, Daryl didnt say a word. He felt his body tense up at the question, at the thought of someone caring about him the slightest.

Daryl's Pov:
What does he want? why does he care? Goddamn it. I cant form words. I hate myself... hes still standing here! I just wanna go home hes blocking my locker fuck.

Paul stood there as his friends walked past them. Shoving Daryl into the locker sending his books everywhere. They tried taking Paul away "No! That was not cool what you did. Just because you don't like him, doesnt mean I have to follow you guys. And you all had no right to shove him into the lockers like that! The poor guy doesnt talk for God's sake, and youre really that low to do that?!" He yelled. There was silence, his friends simply rolled their eyes and left. Paul turned to Daryl who was trying to pick up his papers and binders. He kelt down and helped Daryl, a few minutes in Daryl finslly spoke. "I'm selectively mute." He said.

Paul's pov:

He talks! His voice is so beautiful...
"Whats selective mute?" I asked trying to hide my smile "ts' basically i dont choose to speak alot in social situations." He said I nodded understanding. "Well im glad youre not anxious with me." I stated cheerfully "who said I wasn't?" He said standing up to open his locker.

Wait, what does that mean?

Sorry its short! Idk if i will continueI need feedback!