Okiya Subaru

"If I had to choose, I'd say black because it is a color that covers things inside me that I don't want known. Well, I hate the color black for the same reason as well."

— File 623 page 7, Subaru Okiya responding toInspector Yuminaga 's question about what is his favorite color.

"0.12%... That would be the probability that a criminal will succeed in escaping. That's about 1 in every 1000 people; however, of those that fall under the devil's influence, many grow tired of leading a false life and living in fear. If we eliminate those who eventually surrender to the police and those that opt for suicide, the amount that do successfully escape amounts to nearly zero. Are you prepared to endure the feelings of loneliness and pressure as a result of your actions?"

— File 666 page 14, Subaru Okiya speaking off the top of his head trying to provoke a culprit holding Ayumi hostage into turning his knife on him instead. It worked.

"Although... I would like to serve that lot some hot and bitter coffee... that lot waiting so anxiously in the heat for their prey..."

— File 703 page 5, Subaru Okiya talking to a waitress about the Black Organization staking out the Beika Departement Store.

"Remember how there was a robbery at that bank? There was someone I knew in the footage from that robbery, so I was trying to find out if they use that bank. If that person uses it, they must live nearby. I was hoping to run into them.... Well, coincidentally they were also on this floor, but it turned out to be a look-alike, so I didn't say anything. I know that person from a long time ago, so there is no way I would mistake them with a look-alike.

— File 704 page 16, Subaru Okiya talking to Conan about his encounter with Scar Akai."