Chapter 5

Last time:

"Do you have clothes?" Lei asked Avi, once they were in their room. "Yea, I have some pants and an old shirt I can wear, didn't really have any shoes though so I grabbed some of the slip-ons" Avi commented.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Cool, let me get changed then we can head back downstairs" Lei said as she grabbed some items from the back of her closet and went into the bathroom shutting the door. Avi made quick time and changed into his clothes. A few minutes later Lei emerged from the bathroom fully geared up as she was tying a bandana around her head.

"Alrighty, are you ready to go?" Lei asked as she sat on the bed to lace up her combat boots. Hearing no reply from Avi she turned to look over at him. "You okay Avi?" Lei asked with a giggle as she noticed him staring at her quietly. "I'm sorry what?" Avi asked, his trance broken as he shook his head a moment. "I asked if you were okay" Lei said smiling widely as she stood up and walked over to him.

"Oh yea, I'm fine....you look, different?" Avi commented not sure of another word to describe what he was trying to convey. "Well, yes I suppose I do. It's not like I walk around dressed like this everyday huh?" Lei asked with a giggle. "Well I mean it looks good" Avi said somewhat hating himself mentally, stumbling over words like he was. "Thank you" Lei replied genuinely.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is that you look good, it's a good look on you, and that it suits you. Plus, it's nice to see a woman not afraid of getting a little dirty or worried about ruining this or that" Avi rushed out his explanation, a little embarrassed.

"Thank you I appreciate that, truly. I guess I just don't see the reason to be fake to anyone, you know? I mean this is me, my name is Leilani and yes I'm girly but I also like to go four wheeling, camping, hiking, and shooting. But I also like video games, chick flicks, I'm a choir nerd, and I like to take care of myself by getting manis and pedis with my girls, or going shopping." Lei stated, projecting herself like an open book.

Avi smiled widely and wrapped Lei in a tight hug. "And that is why I like you, Lei" Avi truthfully replied. "You're truly everything I could ever want in an equal, a true companion. You're so upfront and honest with who you are, I can't help but be attracted to you."

"You really mean that?" Lei asked looking up at him a moment. "With all that I have." "Thank you Avi, that honestly means a lot to me." "You're welcome Lei" Avi said as he squeezed her tightly once more, placing a kiss to her forehead. She smiled widely and closed her eyes, savoring the moment.

"Shall we go?" Lei asked pulling away from him. "We shall" Avi said with smile, as they left the room her hand in his. Once downstairs they made their way through the living room and out to the back deck. "Hey lookin' good guys" Lei said with a smile as her and Avi joined the rest of the group.

"Oh my god, we look so fierce. Totally gotta tweet this and snap it!" Mitch exclaimed excitedly as rustling was heard and phones where taken out. "Don't forget Instagram" Kevin said with a laugh as the group took multiple photos for the various social media sites. Once they were done being social butterflies they all followed Lei to the garage of sorts that housed all of the outdoor vehicles.

"Okay so does anyone know how to operate a four wheeler?" Kini asked looking around at everyone. "I've ridden on one before but that was like ages ago" Scott offered up. "I've ridden before as well but more recently I guess" Avi added. "Okay well we could always pair off? We have four ATVs we can use at the moment" Kai suggested. "I'm okay with that" Kirstie piped up.

"That works, how should we pair up?" Kevin asked. "I want to ride with Mitchy" Scott claimed hugging Mitch close. "Well, I wouldn't mind if I could ride with Kai" Kevin replied, blushing a little as Kai smiled widely at him. "I'd like to pair with Lei" Avi stated with a smile. "Do you want me to go over some stuff Scott?" Lei asked as Kai, Kini, and her moved the ATVs out of the garage.