The Dream

I was dreaming. I knew that, yet I didn't at the same time. I felt so real.

School. That's where I was. Sat in the middle of Chemistry, stuck with busy work. Yet, I was the only one there. It was kinda pleasant with out the usual immature boys who make sex jokes every chance they get.

"Ms. Skaggs?" The intercom came on, making me jump.

"Yes?" She replied, yet she wasn't Ms. Skaggs, rather Ms.Frasier, which is weird since she teaches digital literacy and not science.

"I need Gracie Happeny, she's leaving." What? Why am I leaving?

"Alright, she's coming." She said again, but as the intercom gave its thank you reply, I noticed Ms.Bellar had replace Ms. Frasier.

She nodded expectantly towards the door.

My legs got up for me. I walked to the office. And it was weird. I didn't even grab my book bag. I just made my way to the office.

The hallways stretched on forever and they grew to saturation.

When I finally reached there. A friendly face greeted me.

My heart leapt out of my chest.

"Gracie!" The voice sounded familiar and surprised as well.

My heart rate was through the roof. "C-Cailin?!" I stood there like an idiot.

"Heya Gracie!" She walked up to me like I should've done to her.

"You owe me a hug y'know." I said, tears coming to my eyes, but my face felt dry as tears streaked down my cheeks.

So she did. She hugged me. She didn't wanna let go.

She clung to me. Honestly all I did was hold her embrace but she accepted it.

It wasn't romantic at all, nor did we ever do anything else but hug. We just sat in an embrace like we hadn't seen each other in years.

Then. I woke up.

"Come on, BRAT." She spat, holding Kelsey by the ear and slapping me awake. "You have some explaining to do. "

A/N

Hey...
...
This...was...a dream.

That I actually had. Last night.

It connected with the story so I put it in.

It was torture to be honest. It was so vivid I felt actual arms around me in an embrace. And I almost wish I had never waken up.

It was 11:00pm when I awoke. I must've fallen asleep pretty early for me.

I didn't cry, but I felt a strong ache and I forced myself back to sleep, hoping I could have the same dream.

So I want to take this time to say

If you have friends. Family even. Appreciate them. I don't give a flibity jibet who they are. Hug them. Tell them how much you love them. Be thankful for who and what you have.

Because one day, you could wake up. And they could be gone.