A Story With A Song

"Shorty?" was what I heard, but it didn't come out of my mouth.

Cailin, on the other hand, looked like she was going to explode into tears.

"Uhhhhh...sorry, but have we met before?"

Oh no.

Cailin looked down to where the shadows covered her eyes. Dark scenes resembling her expression ran through my head, turning my thoughts from yellow to black.

I laughed nervously and tried to think of kittens with sunglasses.

"Hi! Um, guessing you're Shorty right?" My voice wavered.

"Uh, yeah." Her short brown hair was actually in curls this time, making her hair only reach the top of her ears. She didn't wear any armor (on the outside anyway.) she wore a long dress separated in the middle with a brown belt. The top of her dress was black, the sleeves reaching past her fingertips. A good was attached, which was pulled over her head. The bottom was emerald green, and almost reaching the ground.

"Gracie, you sleep here by the cliff with Shorty here." Cailin gritted her teeth standing up, while keeping her face down.

"Wouldn't it be better if we all slept-" I started.

"NO. NOW STAY HERE." Cailin raised her voice as she stopped in her tracks. "You may do what you like here, just don't bother me." Her voice was quiet now.

When Cailin was gone and my worries had grew, Shorty turned to me.

"Is she always like this?"

"Hard headed, yes. Stern, yes. Suspiciously angry...no...." I said with a large sigh.

"I'll get some firewood." I sighed and stood. Shorty nodded her head in response and looked up at the stars as I walked away.

As I reached the woods, I noticed some figures inside, some inhuman, so I decided not to risk it. After all, there's trolls...wherever I am. I don't wanna push it.

When I had my arms full of wood and sticks, I went back and made a fire. Good thing I know how to make one in case of emergency.

Me and shorty sat on different sides of the fire; across from each other. None of us dared speak a word.

Finally, when I had the courage, I pulled out the flute I came here with, and started playing one of my favorite tunes from one of my favorite movies.

When I was done, Shorty looked at me with happy eyes.

"That was beautiful." She smiled.

"Heh, thanks. It's from a mo-...uh...place called Narnia." I smiled.

"I've never heard of such a place..." She said, curiosity ringing in her voice.

"It's a place that was ruled by an evil queen... It's a good story actually. Would you like to hear it?" I smiled.

Shorty's eyes lit up like a little child's. "Yes please!" She smiled.

I giggled.

"Alright, once upon a time, there was a town named London..."
------------
People in this story.

AlphaDinosawr
Me