27. Family Day

Disclaimer: Most of the characters appearing in this chapter are fictional. I do not know any of Odell's family members apart from his mother's name and some acquaintances. So, as the rest of the book, it mostly comes from my imagination.

OMNISCIENT

From an early morning, commotion could be heard all around the house. The final Gala approached like a sudden tsunami burst does, in the shoreline. And the intensity of it could be felt all throughout the corners of this house.

Both contestants didn't speak to one another, besides the usual daily greetings. Not knowing anything about the outside world was killing Luna, but she was surprised to have gotten this far and it wasn't a time to think about giving up.

Not only because the number of ladies had dramatically decreased, but also because the final was getting closer — each day at the mansion became more challenging and critical, with the passing of time.

Today was one of these days.

Probably the biggest challenge so far: meeting his family.

Odell was known to be a man of his own word and opinion, but family and friends could have a big impact in a some decisions made, and Luna wanted to make sure they got to see the best side of hers today.

Luna wasn't one to go above and beyond to impress someone, usually she didn't need to. People either loved her or hated her, and the last option didn't happen often. The thing was, Luna was a likeable person and an honest one, so even those who claimed to not have liked her presence couldn't blame her for speaking the truth.

"Ready for today?" A voice woke her up from her thoughts.

As she turned around, Patricia was standing in her room's balcony window frame, in sports attire and a relaxed aura.

"I can't tell." Luna replied before looking back at the view again. "We can never prepare for a moment like this."

"Let's just hope everything goes smoothly."

Luna nodded to herself and before any other words were spoken, Trish was out the room.

Soon enough the time had come to get ready. Both females were not sure around what time guests would arrive but in the role of house owners, they wanted to be on their best behavior and appearance, ready for any last-minute inconvenience.

Opting for a simple white sundress was the perfect choice for Luna, didn't plan on overdressing for this casual occasion. Might as well feel comfortable, she thought, as it could turn out to be a long day. The same could be said about her hair and make-up, keeping the natural look.

The most extravagant thing about her look was be the white-gold pendant she had gotten as a graduation present from her parents. In a superstitious way,  Luna would always opt for the jewelry piece in important moments to give her good luck, or so she thought.

Odell was as nervous, if not more, as the two ladies. He had invited close friends and family and above anything, he wanted them to approve of the women he had chosen as the final two because after all one of them could become his future wife.

He had been up since the early morning and just as the production ordered, was the first guest to enter the Bachelor mansion, in order to check the environment and settings. As both ladies and a few members of the camera crew stood outside appreciating the multiple tables filled with finger food and the grill ready for service, Odell snuck behind them before wrapping each arm around both, much to their surprise.