10. Cuts

LUNA

Sunday morning arrived in the blink of an eye and I woke up to some whispering around these walls. By the end of the night, two girls would be going back home and one of them could be me. But in this exact moment, I wasn't going to let it bother me. I planned on relaxing for the day, enjoying the time being like it was my last opportunity to do so.

After a quick shower, I decided to go for a simple pair of yoga pants and a white tee. Tonight I would have dressing up to do, so this would do for comfort, for now.

My roommates were nowhere to be found, neither Kristin nor Joyce, so I took my time with minor preparations and skincare after showering, letting my hair dry naturally.

Going downstairs for breakfast was just as I imagined — parallel gossiping about today's elimination and everyone's predictions about who was going home. I sat down in one of the kitchen's stools after preparing myself some fruit salad.

"I'm nervous, can't lie. There's a possibility it might be me." A short honey-blonde female cried from the other end of the counter, to the 3 girls surrounding her.

"Don't! You told us your date was great, and I remember how Odell looked at you." Her friend comforted her. I tried minding my business, but they sat right in front of me so it was inevitable not overhearing a few things.

In my opinion, all this suspicion and opinions were worthless because at the end of the day the decision was out of anyone's hands. All fifteen girls had had their date, now it was in his hands to decide who to keep and who to send home.

The topic was mutual all through the mansion, however I didn't dare to say a word, not only because I didn't want to get involved, but also because I didn't quite know what to add.

I had done my part — I had gone on my date. And although it was the best day to date, no one could be certain of what thoughts roamed through that man's head.

2 hours left

The environment grew heavier by the minute and the contestants were getting more nervous.

I currently sat in my bed, observing at my roommates who rushed from side to side, while I was still deciding on what to wear.

The camera crew was setting up slowly and the commotion could be heard from downstairs, speaking about logistics and the preparation of the room, the elimination room.

It was almost entitled you'd have to dress up as if your life dependent on it — pun intended —, but i intended on keeping my identity. As cast of a reality-tv show, we were given formal-wear and beauty products to help during these evenings and from the infinite rack, I opted for a flowy red-wine colored dress that accentuated my upper body. For the hair I opted to straighten it, which gave the feel of effort and makeup was focused around the lipstick, which matched my dress's shade.

As I strapped the last of my nude-colored sandals, it was about time to head downstairs and start shooting, so the three of us did so.

We all entered the room, standing in the same double set of stairs we stood on the first day we got in the mansion. Not much had changed, except for the decoration which was a little less extravagant than the other day. I couldn't believe two weeks had passed since I first stepped foot in this house, it truly felt like two months.

As we positioned ourselves as told, I spotted Chris greeting us as he entered the room, getting into place with the recently-arrived Odell by his side.

To say he looked good was an understatement, as always. He wore a black shirt that embraced his muscles and chest area perfectly, intertwining his hands behind his back. He had a few gold chains of different sizes and his hair was perfectly trimmed. Not to mention the flawless smile that would physically take one's breath away. 

Cameras surrounded us all and once the signal was given to start recording, Chris took the queue.

"Good evening ladies. Welcome to the first elimination of The Bachelor." He now faced Odell "We know this must be a difficult moment for you, Odell. I mean, these ladies are looking amazing." He emphasized on this last word, "If this doesn't work out, I'm thinking of asking some on a date, myself."

A comunal giggle was heard through the tall walls of the velvet took, including his own.

It was fair to say I was clueless about this whole process, never had seen a program such as this before. I remember my mom casually discussing these reality-tv hits with me, or attempting to. I always nodded, but barely comprehended a thing. However, standing here in the flesh felt different!

The calling of our names started not long after, and I was now holding my hands in front of me, patiently. One lady, two ladies-

"Luna" his Louisiana accent called, the one I remembered mocking a few days ago. I looked up, with a smile spread across my lips as I made my way towards him slowly. Even in heels his figure stood two feet taller than mine, forcing me to stretch my neck up. He grabbed the red rose from the table, handing it to me, hands brushing in the process.

The rest of the process went rather fast, not like I paid them any more mind. The lesser girls in the stairs, the more the anxiety grew around the group, some in the verge of tears.

I started thinking to myself whether that'd be me, whether I would have such a reaction, should it come down to this. I can't lie, I did come on this experience with no expectations, not even knowing the one we'd be fighting over, let alone knowing a national sports superstar. And that was not going to change my way of thinking.

"And finally, Odell, if you could share your final rose-pick amongst these three ladies and those who will be returning home?"

I looked around me in search of any the familiar closer faces. Kristin stood two ladies to my left and looked rather dazed out, whereas Joyce was shining with joy and flashed me a smile as our eyes met. Now facing back to Odell, the decision was made as he called the final name down.

It took us around 30 minutes to say our goodbyes to the two that'd no longer be returning to the mansion, before the final 'post-elimination' speech from Chris.

"And with that" he interrupted the murmuring "we conclude our first elimination. Congrats to the thirteen ladies standing — you live to fight for love for another day. And brace yourselves, the game has just begun."

"Cut!" the producer shouted.