1. Let The Games Begin

"Let's bring out the next lovely lady, Luna!" I heard a deep voice calling. 

Wait. That was me. I looked around to see the camera crew and staff waving, signaling for me to move, reassuring it was my turn. I nodded, more at myself than at them, taking a deep breath.

I walked in the room through some tall rouge curtains, entering the room as strong lighting hit me so fast that I had to blink twice before taking a step forward. It was a fancy room decorated tastefully, combining rouge and gold accents.

I took each step slowly, making sure I wouldn't trip in front of all the cameras leading me to this tall man, dressed in a dark grey suit, very suitable to his skin tone.

"Hello miss lady. Wow, our bachelor won't know what hit him" he complimented, taking my hand in his, spinning me around slowly. I chuckled to myself, spinning around in my gold backless dress, my straight hair adding a slight elegance to the spin. "Welcome to The Bachelor mansion. How are we feeling?"

"Thank you. I'm excited! Prepared for whatever is to come." I replied with a smile that didn't seem to leave my face.

"Reassurance, I like it. Please go ahead and join the rest of this lovely crowd over there." He guided me with his hand, motioning to a double set of stairs where a few girls, about twelve of them, stood. Each giving — not me — but the host, a pageant queen smile. They all looked very well put together, which was not surprising as it was the first night in the mansion and everyone wanted to dress to impress. I took place in the first row, since I was one of the shortest ones in the group, taking the time to look around the room at every little detail scattered around.

The camera that was focused on me at me soon drifted away. The cameras part was still slightly strange that I didn't quite see myself getting used to, soon. After me, a few more girls came out the same rouge tall curtains. I counted and we were fifteen total. A fair number, I'd say.

"Now that we have all fifteen ladies gathered here, it's time to present myself. In case you didn't already know" he said with a slight chuckle "my name is Chris Bellinger, I'll be your host for this experience." His face was somehow familiar to me, although I wasn't a big television fan. Some would say he was the male version of Oprah, half-age, but had already written about two best-seller books and been an assiduous presence in the small screen for two decades now. "Since that's out o the way, I'd like to formally welcome all to the most popular program on national television, The Bachelor." Those last two words seemed to come out his mouth in slow motion. It was real.

"I'll proceed to explain the process ahead of us all. In front of me, there are fifteen lovely ladies standing, all with a common goal in mind, to find your future husband. By the end of the show, only two of you will be left standing, but we will get there in a bit." We all listened attentively as he explained thoroughly. "This year we brought the festivities to the beautiful East Coast — Miami Beach — which will be your home for the next few weeks. Before the first elimination, each and every one of you will go on a date with our eligible bachelor. I suggest you leave a good impression because in the end, two of you will go home" he stated, pronouncing the last two words with more emphasis than the rest.

"After all this is a competition and two of you are going home in each rose ceremony, until we reach top three" he paused between sentences to let us digest what he just said "— but let's get to the part you're all waiting for: our bachelor. This year, for such special contestants, we decided to bring things up a notch" a few small parallel whispering echoed. Ay. "We decided to bring a very well-known bachelor, which some of you may already know, very well..." he dragged the last pair of words.

Please don't tell me you're bringing in some kind of Hollywood sweetheart.

Who could it be?

"This is the first time we are doing this in the history of the show," he added grandly "as you all know, we always aim to bring an unknown, hardworking gentleman. But not this season! So ladies, count yourselves lucky" he grinned in a manner that made me nervous.

"He's 23."

I'm 21, that should be fine.

"He's from Louisiana."

Louisiana? My father's is rather familiar with Louisiana.

"He likes sports."

So do I.

"Not only does he like them, he plays them."

Wait wha-

"Ladies help me welcome... Odell Beckham Jr!"