Seven

''I have to go to Paris.''

Right after Taylor said these words she booked a plane ticket to Paris and spent the night packing a suitcase and making some arrangements for the band, and also Meredith. Dianna helped the other girl to calm down and make a plan for when she would be on the other side of the ocean in two days, then she left promising to call and keep in contact.

The next day the singer explained the whole thing to Cara, who wasn't surprised a bit when she heard about what Dianna said, but got into a full shipper mode as Taylor asked her to watch Meredith for a week, because she was going to Paris in less than 24 hours. Then she called Kimby to update her, and ask her where to find Karlie's apartment, and they made a plan for a ''surprise'' effect. The younger girl promised her to track every movement of her sister, and also told her that maybe Karlie would have a good birthday with this plan. That statement made Taylor curse loudly, because she realized she didn't have time to go shopping for a good gift for Karlie, so she decided that she was going to buy her one in Paris. Especially because she had to focus on her speech and on having back her girl first.

The events of the past 24 hours have been pretty crazy and the reality of the facts hits Taylor really hard, just as she closes her eyes on the plane. The flight has been delayed, so she knows it will be pretty late in Paris once it lands. She has never visited the French city, and she thought about planning a romantic getaway for her and Karlie sooner than later, but it was way before that day in October.

Trying to find some sleep is really hard when you have a chatter man on your right and a restless child behind you, who decided it was cool and so much fun to use Taylor's seat as a soccer ball. Anyway she knows that is impossible to black out for the entire length of the flight, when even the movie, that the other passenger beside her is watching, reminds her of one of their past adventures.

It looks like a creepy horror, where a group of friends become stranded on a chairlift after a ski resort closes for the night.

Of course that didn't happen to her and Karlie, she would have never let her go on a chairlift with the dark, that's just the usual horror movie dumbness. But she can't stop thinking about Karlie's accident in Colorado, about two years ago.

Flashback

''Babe, look at that base! Why don't we go up there and have a cup of chocolate with marshmallows? I bet the view is astonishing.'' Karlie says pointing to a cafeteria on the top of a mountain, while Taylor is still catching her breath after three uninterrupted hours of skiing.

''A chocolate? I could eat a farm right now, how on earth you're not even hungry or tired?''

''I am tired, but I want to take you up there so you can eat whatever you want, princess.'' The taller girl guides her girlfriend to the chairlift and then to this huge wooden chalet.

Just as Taylor takes off her ski helmet, she notices Karlie staring back at her with her googles off, and her sunshiney grin.

''What? Do I have something on my front? Oh no, please tell me I didn't get a sunburn.''

Her girlfriend doesn't give an answer, she just goes there and kisses the tip of her cold nose, then her lips. And with her hands still cupping the blonde's cheeks she whispers

''I had no idea that your eyes could get any more beautiful, the snow and the sun make them brighter than blue topaz, it's incredible. Also maybe your nose and cheeks are a bit red, but it makes you cuter.''