Four

Since NYE Taylor and Dianna have been to a couple of dates, just to know each other better. Taylor finds out that the older girl is an entrepreneur, boss of her family's company, and that her home is New York, but she works pretty much everywhere.

The singer also is aware of Dianna's affection, she knows that she cares and can see it in her eyes, but she's not 100% sure of her own feelings.

Selena and Cara aren't helping either, the first one has been telling her everyday to give it a chance, while her roommate isn't convinced yet, but knows that it's not her place to judge.

It's February now and Karlie is in a cafeteria waiting for Derek, when she feels his hands on her eyes. ''Is this my favorite giraffe, my little sister?''

''Derek! Look at you, big brother! Six months in Japan look so good on you.''

She's so excited to see again her best friend, who's been on the other side of the world working as a reporter.

''So are you back for good? I miss seeing your face.'' Karlie says pouting.

''Awe honey, I'm here to stay don't worry. I came back to torment you. Tell me, how have you been? You're not eating carbs watching Gilmore Girls all day, right?'' He asks trying to cheer her up, well aware of what happened during these months.

''I'm doing just fine, and there's nothing wrong with some binge-watching, you moron.'' She answers smiling.

''Sure thing, but only if it's OITNB or SVU.'' He laughs, but notices Karlie's expression changing into a sadder one. ''Damn, you're still in that phase where everything reminds you of her, aren't you?''

''Yeah, sort of. I mean, I don't see her but you know that she's been here for too long, so it's not that easy to erase our memories, and I don't even want to.'' Karlie says as they order their cappuccinos.

''And I'm not telling you to remove her completely from your past, that would be practically impossible, but this is not healthy. You have to move on somehow, you have to find your balance again.''

Derek really cares about Taylor, but he also can't see Karlie like this. He hopes that one day the girls will be at least friends again.

''I'll think about it, I'll do my best. I promise. I'm going to see the Celtics with Cara tonight and we have an extra ticket 'cause Ed is sick, do you want to join us?'' She asks with puppy eyes.

''You know it's not my team, but I'll do it for you and for that British dork. I'm giving you a ride.''

It's common knowledge that Karlie has always been a passionate fan, of every kind of sports. She loves to watch baseball, basketball, soccer and football, especially when she can go to the stadium. The adrenaline, the lights, the overwhelming noise of thousands of people cheering, cursing and chanting their favorites athletes is something she'll never be able to describe, and she's glad she can share it with her best friends.

But Cara is another story. It's like having a sailor around, literally. Derek is horrified and is missing the quiet of a Japanese garden.

''Oy man, what was your mother thinking when she delivered you? And you, my grandfather's goats are smarter and faster than you, hell even I can do better. Gimme that ball and I'll show you how a British woman plays. In your goddamn face.'' And more colorful things, for the whole game.

''You know, I always thought I was exaggerate, but you, my friend, are another story.'' Karlie says laughing, while they're heading out of the arena.

''And thank goodness you don't look like I just killed their goldfish with warm water, like this one.'' Cara replies pointing at Derek, who gives her the middle finger, ''anyways, it's still early. Why don't we grab a hot chocolate or a frappe? I don't want to be alone at home with that cat. I'm pretty sure she hates me.''