Three

Taylor didn't have time to cry on her birthday because her ex girlfriend didn't call.
The band had a performance on a late night show and she needed to be 100% focused, without any distraction.
They did an amazing job, and since that was just the beginning of a long series of interviews and lives, they decided it was time to hire a decent publicist, so they employed Tree Paine.

Then Christmas came, both Ed and Cara went to visit their relatives in England for a while before New Year's Eve, so she was alone with her thoughts. Selena wasn't there
either, stuck miles away with her Penn Law assignments and her family with her.
Sure, there were their Skype sessions, but every time they would end up talking about Karlie, Cara or the 'insanely hot' Frank Delfino that was hovering around Selena.
Taylor swore that Christmas never felt so lonely before.
The only thing that cheered her up was Austin's gift: an adorable Scottish fold that she called Meredith. He thought that a little ball of fur would brighten up his sister's days, or at least would give her a purpose to think about something else.

Now it's the 30th of December and both her parents haven't asked about Karlie yet; they're sad too, but they know that somehow their daughter has to heal and move on.
''Mom, I'm fine, I promise. Or at least I'm better.'' She's lying and Andrea knows it, ''all I'm looking forward to is our concert in Times Square. I can't believe we went so far.'' Taylor says smiling, thinking about how she met her two favorite English
weirdos at a summer camp, years ago.

Meanwhile in Florida the Kloss sisters are getting ready for their flight.
''I can't wait to be there for five days, it's going to be the best New Year's Eve ever! Especially because it's just us, no mom, no dad, no little cousins that want to burn the house down.'' Kimby has enough energy for the four of them and Karlie wouldn't be grateful enough for her sister's excitement, that distracts her on a regular basis.
This vacation has been exactly what she needed, she's stressed as hell because of med school, and when she's not studying or working out her mind pictures a certain blonde, whose birthday passed and she didn't call.
She knows it's not a smart move, but she's one hundred percent sure that if she hears Taylor's voice anytime soon she'll break down and will ask her ex girlfriend to try again.
She's met amazing people at Harvard, and she has also found Jourdan, her best friend in elementary school. Sometimes the world is really weird and small.
''Kar, we gotta go or we'll lose our flight.'' Kristine has been more cautious around her, it's like a big sister instinct; she knows not to push Karlie to talk, a simple look
from her sister speaks louder than hundreds of words.
''Okay, so we'll land around 3pm, we go to the hotel and then we can do whatever we want. Tomorrow we better wake up early  'cause I don't want to waste a minute.''
Kimby is in a bossy mode, and her sisters know not to interrupt or disagree with her.

The Christmas atmosphere and the lights are fascinating, you can really feel it everywhere and Karlie is even more in love with the city.
After a couple of hours the sisters decide to grab a hot chocolate and they spot a Starbucks right in front of them, but also a familiar redhead out of the store.
''Ed! What a coincidence! What are you doing here in New York? Are you all alone?'' Kariann asks, and a second later two girls are heading out of the coffeehouse.

They stop laughing immediately when they notice who's with Ed.
''Karlie...''
''Taylor...''
''Cara!''
''Kimby!''
''Well, this is awkward'' Ed finally speaks.
While Ed and Cara are catching up with the twins and Kristine, the two ex-girlfriends are alone staring at each other for what it feels an eternity.
Then Karlie decides to break the awkward silence. ''You cut your hair I see'', noticing Taylor's new haircut under her beanie.
''Yeah, I got tired of the bangs and I needed a change... What are you doing here in NY?'' Taylor answers, fidgeting with her fingers.
''We're here on a sisters vacation for NYE, we still don't know where we're going, though.''
That being said, Taylor decides it's about time they start to be civil to each other, if not friends, so she surprises herself and Karlie when she says ''Oh, well... You know... We're performing in Times Square tomorrow, along with other bands and singers. Do you guys want to come?''
''I...'' Karlie is taken aback at first ''sure, why not?'' She has thousands of reasons not to go, but she really wants to rebuild a sort of friendship with the other girl.

''Okay guys, we still have 6 minutes until midnight, what about a new song?'' Taylor has never been so excited to sing in front a huge crowd like this. Performing in Times Square is a big deal, and she knows that after this they'll have way more visibility, so they decide to release early their new single.
''It's called Haunted, and we really hope you'll like it.''
The crowd is cheering really loudly, so are Kimby and Kariann. They've always been huge fans of the band, just like Karlie, but for her it was different. So when she hears
that they're going to perform a new song with such a significant name she feels her stomach clenching.

''…Come on, come on, don't leave me like this
I thought I had you figured out
Something's gone terribly wrong
Won't finish what you started
Come on, come on, don't leave me like this
I thought I had you figured out
Can't breathe whenever you're gone
Can't go back, I'm haunted
You and I walk a fragile line
I have known it all this time
Never ever thought I'd see it break.
Never thought I'd see it... ''

Her sisters are staring at her with alarmed looks, they know that this song isn't about someone else, and that their sister isn't over Taylor either. Karlie still isn't sure if her
decision has done anything better to her, but she realizes something: she needs to talk to Taylor.
The ball is about to drop, still 10 seconds left, and the band is doing the countdown on the stage, with other performers.
''3, 2, 1.. Happy New Year!!''
Everyone screams. Cara jumps off the stage to be crowd-surfed, Ed is hugging Taylor when she feels someone tapping her on the
shoulder.
She turns and she meets a pair of beautiful green eyes and a Cheshire cat smile.
''Hi, I just want to congratulate you, that song is amazing, you are amazing. Your performance has been my favorite.''
Taylor blushes and says ''Thank you, also happy new year!''
''Happy new year to you too, I'm Dianna.''
The girl says shaking Taylor's hand, who doesn't know that few meters away she's being watched by another pair of green eyes, that are completely losing their shine.

A/N: Thank you so much for your votes and the comments! They're really really appreciated, also I'm glad you like it
xoxo