Six

It's a sunny afternoon of mid-June in Paris, and Karlie is sitting on the grass in Parc des Buttes-Chaumont with her psychiatry textbook and a quinoa salad for lunch, and even if she has to study such a tough subject, she hasn't felt so content and happy in months. Okay, the first few weeks have been pretty intense with the timezone, the value and the different rhythm of this city, but it didn't take her too long to become a good Parisien. She also dyed her hair blonde.
Her accommodation is near the university, which it happens to be the Descartes University, in a beautiful district, or arrondissement as they say. Her room is in a small, cozy apartment that she shares with other two girls, a Puertorican model named Joan and Ella, a New Zealand artist who likes to be called 'Lorde'.
They have really different schedules but in these past few months they made it possible to know each other better, and appreciate each others' company.
Plus Karlie is infinitely grateful that her roommates aren't messy like Cara, otherwise the quiet and peace that rules right now in that apartment wouldn't survive two minutes.
Her thoughts and calmness are interrupted by her phone ringing, and she smiles seeing one of her roommates' name.
''Hey Aussie!'' She answers teasing the younger girl.
''Ugh so annoying, hey cultured roomie. I'm going back home and Joan is already there, do you feel like going out tonight? I heard there's a good brasserie next to Champ des Mars that opens tonight, what do you say?''
''Sounds like a plan, give me 30 mins and I'll meet you at the apartment. See ya!'' She hangs up the phone and starts picking up her things, when a ball hits her back.
''Oh pardon! I'm so sorry, did I hurt you?'' A tall guy with scruffy brown hair comes running towards her.
''No, you didn't don't worry. Here's your ball.'' Karlie says giving him back the ball and looking at him in the eye.
''Hey, I've already seen you somewhere, do you go to the Descartes University? I'm not a stalker, don't worry. My name is Josh.'' He says introducing himself.
''If you say you're not a stalker, you make it looks like you're one. I'm Karlie.'' She replies laughing.
''Okay I'm quite confused by this inverse psychology. I'm from New Jersey, I can hear you're from...what, Massachusetts?''
''We have an accent expert here. Listen, I'd gladly talk to you but I have to go back home, my roommates are waiting for me. I guess I'll see you around, what do you study?''
''Oh yeah, I'm sorry. I'm majoring in Economics, which is next to Medicine. So yeah, I'll see you, Karlie.'' He smiles at her and gives a firm handshake.
Karlie has always been cautious around dudes, she doesn't want to give them false hopes, then tell them that she's pretty gay, but with this one she feels quite comfortable and she doesn't know why. Just when she turns around to see the weirdo she just met, she finds him hugging another guy and kissing him.
Ohhh now I understand, glad to see that my gaydar still works well. Well done, Kloss.
She thinks chuckling as she waits for the bus to go back to her apartment.

Once on the bus she unlocks her iPad to read the WSJ and see what's new in the States. Same old boring politics, pro solar energy campaigns, the goddamn clowns going around everywhere, and The Heartbeats on their first big tour after signing for MCA records.
Wait, what? Are they going on a tour?
''About two months ago the MCA records signed a multi-year contract with emergent successful band of three members. The CEO of the record label said 'I've spotted them at Times Square back in December when they performed at New Year's Eve and I have never seen so much talent in a band. They're young, they make good music, they write their own songs without any help. Indeed the lead singer, who can also play five instruments, Taylor Swift and also the back-up guitarist Ed Sheeran can be defined as songwriters. But do not underestimate Cara Delevingne's talent with the battery, girl can beatbox and sing too. I don't want to give any spoilers, you will see them these months from West to East coast, then in Canada too in September. The tour will start in a week in Los Angeles.''
Reading the article Karlie feels her cheeks hurting, that's why she's smiling like a fool in front of the screen. She has always been a fan of the band, and knowing that they're gaining the respect and success they deserve makes her so happy and proud of them. It doesn't matter if she and Taylor aren't a couple anymore, it's a natural instinct to feel happiness for someone she grew up with, and for some of her closest friends.