Alpha Soren slammed his fist onto the stair railing making the whole structure strumble like toothpicks. "My mate is out there heavily pregnant and she can be delivering my pup at any moment. I won't rest until I have my family safely in my arms and everyone else missing!" His body pulsated with intense energy. "I need a volunteer to send a message to my pack."

"I'll do it." Marc raised his hand. 

Lionel angrily shoved him. "You should be trailed for treason! You plot against our Alpha!"  Alpha Soren's brow arched at Marc in question and everyone else's gaze darted from one person to the next not sure what to believe. Marc is a well known respected elder and Lionel is a low ranked wolf, but he sworn loyalty to me, his Alpha. 

"Lucca, you need to get a grip of the situation." Grant whispered from behinf my ear. "I know how it feels to lose someone you deeply cared about, but we need to be there for the others who still need us. Think of my daugther, your mate."

I looked at him and something close to sympathy washed over his usually stern features. 

Taking a long hard breath and tried to push aside the current emptiness I felt in my heart. I stood back on my feet as everyone glanced at my every move. I cleared my throat and said, "Search the house again." 

"We did Alpha--

"Do not. Make me say it twice." I glared at the person who spoke. "This house has at least half a dozen secret passages, one to two on each floor. I don't care if you have to destroy the whole property--it's practically a trash heap now--find clues, or any evidence that could lead us to finding our missing, which includes my mate."

"And mine." Alpha Soren added. 

"You heard the man, start moving." Grant shoved gave orders to everyone and where they should search. The men started dismantaling the house from top to bottom and I watched everything crumble. 

"Where is her body?" I barely was able speak to Lionel with the painful lump on my throat. 

"Over there." He pointed at a form on the ground, covered by a red blanket. A couple of my men surrounded her, keeping her body safe before we were to burry her. 

When I reached her, they left to give me privacy and I pulled the blanket back holding my breath. Her face, colorless and her lips blue. Everything about her was dead, except the loving memories I had of her that were left behind. The same lips that used to kiss me on the face before tucking me to bed at night as a child. I curled my hand around her cold one and remebered her sweet caresses that used to comfort me on my worst days.

A fresh bullet wound was visable at her stomach and blood was still pooling out. Never would I speak to her again, never would I hear her sweet voice tellling me how much she loved me. Then I remembered how terrible I was was as a son. A month ago, I couldn't wait for her to leave and let me take the reins as the packs Alpha. All she ever did was support me and now she was dead. 

I never got to thank her for all she had done for me..for being the best mother a son could ever have.

My fists tightened at my side. "This is all my fault." Everything was my fault.

A shadow loomed from behind me. I didn't turn around to know who it was. The power he had that projected just by his presense alone made my nerves waver in high alert. 

"You are one to be admired Lucca." Alpha Soren said. 

"I beg to differ." Looking at my mother's lifeless form, I was nothing to be admired of. 

"Your father was always so proud of you when he spoke of you. Your mother was the same as well. I think they wouldn't think otherwise at this moment."