Chapter 25: her

[Ace's pov]

I woke up, gasping for air. A thin layer of sweat surrounded my body. It feels like I just woke up from a long sleep.

Suddenly a smell just hit me like a ton of bricks. Strawberries and mangos with a tiny bit of mint. It's my mate. The scent is all over me.

I have a mate? I'm not even sure what happened, everything feels like a dream. I feel like I was trapped in my mind because of Blake.

I was in a dark room for the longest time. Screaming but no one heard. This went on for a while until it stopped and I was in an open field.

The grass was a bright green. The air was so nice and refreshing. Suddenly there she was. My mate.

I could tell because she had the same scent. She was beautiful, from her long brown hair that reached just right above her butt to her nice tan legs.

She was wearing black ripped shorts that were too short for my likings, a white 'adidas' shirt and black combat boots.

Her hazel eyes, I could stare into for ever. Her lips looked so full, so soft, so kissable. She had all the curves in all the right places and was skinny. Not model skinny but a little bit thicker than skinny. She was so perfect.

I hadn't noticed that I was staring until she laughed at me. Her laugh was so beautiful, I couldn't even imagine what her voice would sound like.

Suddenly she was starting to fade and then now I'm here. I looked at the clock to see that it was 1 am. Something shiny caught my eyes near the night stand.

Silver chains. What the Hell? Somebody's blood was on the collar part. Not just anyone's blood, my mates blood. It was chains up to my bed post.

It's ok, it's not your fault

A voice said in my head. It was my wolf but it wasn't Blake. What the he'll happened?

'Blake?'

No, I'm Mason

'What happened to Blake?'

In time you will learn but for now all you need to know is that he isn't here anymore, I'm your new wolf

'How long have you been a wolf'

Well you are actually my first human but enough questions. That was your mate. The girl in the dream. So don't screw things up

Mason went quiet and I knew that he went to the back of my mind. Wow.

I better get some sleep since I still have school tomorrow.

~~~~in the morning~~~~

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Ugh. School is so boring. Why do I even have to go. I groggily got up and went to take a shower. After I got out with my towel around my waist, I went into my walk in closet.

Chose to wear a white wife beater, black pants, black combat boots, and of course my sunglasses.

I was quick to run down stairs and into my car. Many people bowed to me but I just ignored them.

Once I got to school, this girl practically through herself at me. I just went with it. Usually I get the girl myself but I guess today is different.

I think her name was Stacey. Anyways we walked to her locker when the faint smell of my mate was near. But also a rogues scent.

Before I could react, Stacey kissed me so we just made out there. My mate's scent hit me. Once again so did a rogues.

I pulled away from Stacey and looked to my right. There she was in all her glory. My mate. A look of shock took over my features but I quickly covered it up.

The rogue smell came from her. She's rogue. My alpha instincts kicked in and I flashed my eyes red. She also flashed hers red.

Shit! She's an alpha rogue. Those are extremely rare especially the females. Usually the alpha is stripped of their title before turning rogue.

That also means that she has the capability of an alpha male. We are probably going to be competing a lot. I'm not even sure if she really is my mate.

Might as well show her what she's up against. I ran and has her throat in my hand before she could even blink. She had a look of fear but something about it looked all too familiar.

Nathan was clawing at my head to make me stop but I wouldn't budge. "What are you doing here rogue", I yelled. It's was hard to keep my grip firm and to be so rough with my words.

The girl hesitated before saying,"I need your help". I was more than happy to help her but I thought maybe I should play with her a little and then she could become another hook up.

"Now why would I help a rogue?", I asked with a smirk. "Because I'm your mate", my smirk dropped while she had one of her own.

So this is real and she still is my mate. I don't want a mate. I tightened my grip around my mates throat. She was struggling a little bit.

"Just stay out of my way", I said sternly. After that I left with Stacey wrapped around my arms.

As I was walking, I could almost feel the jealousy and sadness come off of my mate in waves. I almost went back.

Key word: almost. Me and Stacey stopped at my locker. She kissed me hungrily. Well ok then.

The bell soon rang so I parted ways with Stacey. Hopefully for a while.

Go find mate!
'Not now Nathan I have to go to class'
You were very rude to her.
'Whatever I'll link her'

Nathan seems to be kinda naggy. As I was walking to the field, I linked my mate.

*who are you?*

There was silence for a minute. I was doubting the fact that she was my mate. At least until she responded.

'Your mate'

*don't provoke me. Who are you*

'My name is Dakota'

*at lunch come to my table*

'Tell one of your sluts to go instead'

What she said wasn't right. I sent pain to her head through the link. The mind link was faltering a bit meaning she was in pain.

'Please make it stop!'

*come to my table*

'No!'

I made the pain worse. The pain actually took affect on me a little bit.

*ill stop the pain if you come*

'Fine just please, it hurts'

I cut off the link and made sure the pain went away. Can't wait to see what Dakota is capable of.