Chapter 1: Rogues

I awoke to a horrible morning. "Dakota wake up!", yelled a familiar deep voice. I was shaken by two hands until I opened my eyes.

"What is it Sam!", I snapped.

Sam was my beta. His blonde hair was all over the place as if he'd been running his hands through it a lot. It wasn't even sunrise when he woke me. There was still a crisp chill of twilight in the air.

"Our territory is being invaded!", he said cautiously, out of breath from fear.

I quickly got up a changed into a plain t-shirt and some skinny jeans. I ran outside to see wolves everywhere. They weren't from my pack. Some of the warriors ran out of the pack house. We all shifted into our wolf form as I set up mind links. We started to fight. The sound of ripping flesh and growls was all I could hear. Blood painted the ground. Eventually those sounds were drowned out by screams of the wolves who transformed back into human forms. We do that before we die because our bodies are too weak to maintain form.

I was worried. We were slowly losing. Through the mind link I told everyone to retreat and get everyone out of here. They all nodded in acknowledgment and left. The warriors helped the rest of my pack get to safety.

While I was holding the intruders off, Sarah told me that everyone left to a cave near by. Sarah was Sam's mate, also known as my second beta. I ran off before the intruders could react. Because my pack was so powerful, I was able to block off our scent. I finally found the cave where the pack was hiding in. It was dark and wet. I hated that my people had to hide here. Everyone was worried.

I had Erica and Jason (the deltas of the pack) calm everyone down. I called a meeting with the higher ranked wolves outside the cave.

"Who where they?", Sam asked.

I shifted back into my human form to answer his question. Jase had a hoodie and sweats waiting for me to change into.

"They where rogue"(wild werewolves that had no pack)

"Why couldn't we fight them!", he snapped.

I gave him a look filled with warning. He calmed down when Sarah putt her hand on his arm. Sarah was short and petite. Her auburn hair fell just below her shoulders.

"When rogues form a pack then it's harder to fight them. Especially when they have a powerful leader"

"You don't think it's..." Sarah hesitated.

Her slender hand went to her mouth to stop her from saying something out of line.

"Yes it is", I said sternly.

"What do we do?", she asked.

"For now I need you two to come with me while I look for another pack to help. That will leave Erica and Sam to look after the pack", I pointed to Jase and Sarah.

They nodded despite their worries. Erica was Jase's mate. She and him would be next in command should something happen to me. Naturally one of them would have to come with me. I figured if I was looking for a pack that meant I was looking for trouble and I wouldn't forgive myself should something happen to her. Sam has to stay to help Erica. He knows what to do in a situation like this, in fact I found him after his pack was destroyed. I left inside to make the announcement. The pack gathered around me as I spoke. Although most were worried about what would happen to them, I knew their trust in me would help them be put at ease.

We left that night into a small town that was hopefully far enough from from the pack but close enough to keep the rouges thinking I was still with them. It had to be or else I don't know what I'd do.

The next morning we found a close family friend. The friend was well known in our pack and her name was Jerrica. She let us stay at her house under the condition that we enroll in school. Even though my plan was to just look for a pack, this at least helped me distract myself and even give me a chance at finding any wolves there.

We all had our own rooms. My room was big. The walls were a light shade of purple with light brown wood floors. It had two white doors. One led to a bathroom and the other into the hallway. In the room was a brown wardrobe to the right of the wall. In the center of the room was a soft bed with pastel pink blankets. On the left side was a bay window with white curtains.

I changed into shorts and an oversized t-shirt. The day had gone by so fast. Everything was quickly changing. I just hope I can keep up. We start school tomorrow and I hope I can find some help there. My pack needs me. I got in bed and fell asleep at last.

The next morning was warm and sunny considering that it was early April.

I got up to take a shower. The bathroom had light yellow walls and white tile floors and a marble sink.
I stepped in the shower and let the nice warm water run down my skin. Afterwards I got dressed. I wore a blush pink, sleeveless, crop top and light washed, cuffed boyfriend jeans with white converse. I let my short, brown hair fall to my shoulders in soft waves.

I walked out of my room to see Jase outside my room. His green eyes held worry for what today had in store for us. I smiled at him in assurance. He was wearing a vans shirt and shorts with black vans on. We left down stairs where everyone was waiting. Jerrica gave us all backpacks. They were all just simple colors.

"Let's go I guess", I mumbled.

And with that we left to school.

*************************************
Sorry I'm a crappy writer. More descriptions of characters will happen throughout the chapters.