Chapter Twenty

"Hurt turns to anger. Friends turn to strangers. But, right now I don't care."
-Trey Songz, Unfortunate

"-Trey Songz, Unfortunate

Katelyn Pov

"Lord... I just want to be saved.. Saved from the hurt. Saved from the pain. Saved from the uncomfortably. I made it seem as if everything was just peaches and cream... I miss my family! I miss my... My Mommy... My daddy! I remember when he would pick me up on his shoulders and spin me around...

I remember being a princess."

*****

"Hahahahaha!"

That's Christopher. My laughing fit is far more hysterical.

"CHRISTOPHER!! Baby! Put me down!"

I laugh as he twirls me around in circles. The rush of cool air tickles my skin. The rock hard shoulders that make me feel secure. It's the unexplainable bubbly feeling spreading throughout my body that causes the feeling of butterflies.

"The Queen beats the... Princess.. So, you're.. You're.. You're my Queen Kate... Linn."

"The King beats the Prince.. So, this means you're my King Christopher."

I respond, grinning from ear to ear as I lean forward on his back. I peck his left cheek and let go. As I collapse on the bed, I look up at him. He bends forward and leans in, giving me a kiss on my lips.

"The best.. Best thing I've.. Ever.. Ever had... Was you. Kate... Linn."

Blushing at his openness, I reply not from my brain.. But, from my heart.

"You're the best I've ever had. You're just everything I've dreamed of, and more."

"Baby... You're the best part of.. My day."

"KATELYN?! OPEN YOU'RE FUCKING EYES!!"

Published

November 9, 2016