Chapter 2 - A stranger in the mirror

Start from the beginning

"This is disgusting." He muttered as dust began flying in all directions

"A little to the left." I directed him "No a little more left. No hang on it's your right."

"Might I say that you are a tad irritating." He grumbled but even his grumpy tone was sexy.

"Try that one." I quickly told him as he stood directly in front of me.

With one quick swish he ripped the tattered blanket away. I could finally see him clearly and it was truly glorious. We stared at each other for what seemed to be an endless moment. My heart stopped before beginning to thud heavily in my chest and I felt a delicate shiver run through me at his intense gaze.

"Why are you in the mirror?" He finally broke the tension with his confusion.

"I could ask you the same question." I said quietly.

Before I could blink a shocked look came over his face as he almost pressed his nose against the mirror to see me. I made a face at his antics but he continued his staring until something seemed to strike him, but I had no idea what.

"You're her." He gasped at me.

"I'm who?" I asked, feeling that now I was the one that was confused.

"You are the girl who threw fireballs at me." He stated emphatically.

"Hey, that was so not me. I don't even have a talent in fire." I said raising my hands and backing away from the Gate.

"Wait!" He ordered and I stopped in my tracks. I looked at him for the first time since his accusation to find him beaming at me.

"What?" I asked as I looked for the reason as to why he was smiling.

"That was the most fantastic display I have ever seen." He said excitedly which only deepened his lilting accent.

"Seriously?" I asked in amazement, now wishing I had done it just to see the sparkle in his eye for me.

"Yes, you threw the fireball at me then it bounced back to you like an obedient puppy. You then caught it a moment before you slammed the door in my face." He said in an excited voice a smile appearing on his face as he remembered "Then when we finally broke the door open, you just disappeared. You also set fire to Markus's room and he was very upset. None of us have ever forgotten that day."

"Well it wasn't me." I stated firmly knowing how much Dad would completely lose it if he knew about this, so I went for complete denial.

"Yes it was." He said pointing his finger at me "I recall it well, believe me."

"I didn't do it!" I said loudly, getting myself all fired up the more he accused me.

"You did." He murmured while dropping that devastating smile my way which only made me angrier.

"Stop accusing me of something I didn't do, you jerk." I screeched as I headed for the door, but his final words made me hesitate as much as they made my cheeks glow red.

"The last words I said before you disappeared were 'she is going to be my life bond'. I meant every word." His statement made me almost trip over my own feet while his penetrating gaze melted my insides as I scurried out the door.

With a flaming face and a giddy feeling rushing through me, I quickly made my way back to my room. I had just talked to Prince Caden, I screamed in my head as I flopped back into my bed. For some reason he thinks he knows me. Could it be a future me? I could time travel to whenever I wanted so of course it could have been me.

His last words kept flashing in my head making my heart flutter with delight. He wanted me as his life bond. Me! Plain Charlie Johnson with the crazy fluffy brown hair and boring brown eyes. I started hyperventilating just thinking about what he had said in that sexy Argonian accent that I had never managed to acquire. My stomach flip flopped and a silly grin lit my face as I picked up the magazine and stared at his glorious photo.