Reflection

(Years later)

As I walk to lunch and go throughout the day, I think.

That stupid doctor. He destroyed my life. Giving me this metal/plastic face?!
Letting me live without my parents? Why didn't he just let me die in the operation?
I miss my parents...
I barely remember my original parents and yet, I still miss them...
The people at the orphanage are abusive. They call me trash. Broken, pathetic, useless trash. I think they're running out of horrible adjectives to call me.
Heh. Serves them right.

I can't wait until someone adopts me. But, then again, who would want to adopt Cory 'Camera Face' Crater? I have no friends here. The only 'friends' I made were just there for a day because they were dared to be friends with me. By the bully Micky G., of course.

How ironic where a boy named Micky is the most feared person in the orphanage. (Even the adults were sometimes bullied by him.) He reminds me of Micky Mouse, if Micky Mouse had bigger muscles, hit people, and was dumber.
Please don't tell him I said that. I don't want another swirly today! The water effects the electronic part of my face...

Most people, if they weren't in Micky's obedient posse, were neutral to me. When Micky beat me up and they were passing by, sometimes they would spare a sympathetic glance, but would look away quickly to not be noticed by the merciless bully.

"Merciless."
"No Mercy."

There goes those words again. I know what those words mean now. Unlike the child me. Poor, naive, me.

Am I just going to grow up all alone?
Probably.
Will anyone love me?
Likely not.

I hate this...
I hate my life, and my
C A M E R A  F A C E . . .