3

I woke up this morning to be shaken.

"Kelly." A calm, male voice said. Wait, isn't it Marissa's job to wake me up? I groaned and opened my eyes. Pete was in my bed and smiling at me.

"Time?" I asked with a morning voice.

"6:00. You've got enough time." I nodded and climbed out of the bed. Pete hugged me form behind, causing me to jump a bit. He then released me from his grip and I grabbed my uniform. I walked into the bathroom and quickly got changed. I felt extremely lazy so I just left my hair down in its natural waves. I put on a natural lipstick and some eyeliner, then walked out to see Pete wasn't in my bedroom anymore. I walked downstairs and he was sitting on the couch. I went to sit down next to him but he made it awkward by standing up.

"You want to go in early?" He asked.

"Sure, why not?" I grabbed my bass and my school bag and walked out the door with Pete. Apparently, he got his friends to meet up with us.

"Right, Joe, Andy, this is Kelly." They waved and I waved back awkwardly.

"If you haven't realized, she's awkward like the rest of us." Patrick stated. "Did you finish the sketch?"

"Nope." I said popping the 'p.'

"How long does it take to make a sketch?"

"A while fedora, a while." The guys started laughing really hard at the nickname I just have Patrick, but he was just silent. "Oh come on, it was a little funny."

"Fine, it was just a little bit." I rolled my eyes and walked into the school. I put my bass in the band room and saw the other guys there. I avoided them easily and Patrick and I waited to go in advanced math. The teacher walked up and unlocked the classroom letting all of us in. I sat down in the back and Patrick followed. Marissa walked over to us and kneeled down.

"I came to your house, what was Pete doing there?" She asked.

"We were hanging out. He stayed the night."

"Yeah, 'hanging out.'" She used air quotes and walked back over to her partner.

"Did you two have sex?" Patrick asked.

"What the fuck? No!"

"I need proof."

"I'm still a virgin, and I just met you guys yesterday so calm down."

"Woah, okay, okay, sorry, I'm like that a lot."

"So you're a gossiper?"

"Yeah, you could say that." I rolled my eyes and finally finished the sketch.

"It's done."

"Let me see!" She looked over at my sketchbook and just stared at the bleeding rose in awe.