P U S Z I P A J T Á S
冰雹的家伙

he gazed outside his front door with misty eyes; there was no mistake that someone had knocked not three seconds ago.

his raven hair tickled his forehead as his head demonstrated a gesture of disapproval. jungkook could only assume that it must've been a childish prank.

until his attention shifted downwards.

the life-giving rays showering the earth with a deep, lustrous yellow reflected off of the metallic disk which lay atop the pavement just outside the boy's house. and, next to it, a graceful rose with a shade of a heart-warming scarlet had been placed in a position that seemed mindless–the sort of position that echoed of the way that the owner must've set it down and then frantically run away.

what a 'taehyung' move.
the boy rubbed the crook of his neck, his mind suddenly entering a whirlpool of bashfulness and awe.

as his nimble fingers grazed the disk, he began to read the trembling letters he concluded was probably his own name (as it was almost illegible due to the countless splatters of horrifically black sharpie and the infantile effort to 'draw' stars as a means of decoration.)

the limitless melody which erupted from the quartet of his heartstrings only appeared to quicken, a plague, inescapable, that infiltrated every cell in his body with entrancing thoughts of the boy next door.

he could only hope that the contents of the CD were what he had been waiting for since that hazy afternoon.

and
he couldn't grasp the anticipation any longer.

the thirst for the comfort of his mystical voice had morphed into an unquenchable creature that began tearing him apart from the inside.

after a drastic drawing of breath,
jungkook pressed the play button on his CD player.

and when he caught the slightest echo of the beginning note of an instrument, he instantly melted. they descended and escalated, like blossoms flowing from branches with the guidance of the wind's secretive whispers–until they ultimately feel the impact of the surface of the earth, selfish and rough. taehyung's voice was that impact, as passionate as the intensity of a thousand suns.

each syllable danced in jungkook's eardrums and forced a smile to creep up onto his face. the smile of a boy who tried so desperately to hide this smile, as it was so immense and drunken with tenderness. his breaths became slower, deeper, happier as lions roared in his ribcage, threatening to smash right through his chest.

taehyung's voice had taken such a toll on him, that he had forgotten how to utilise his own and his hand became tightly clasped atop his mouth as the music faded into memory.

yet, it hasn't finished just yet.

jungkook heard an airy chuckle, the dreamy kind, before the boy muttered in a monotone voice,

"so..
i hope that made you smile..
as lame as it was."

jungkook shook his head in response,

it was beautiful;

you're beautiful.

"i just hope it was enough to win you over for a second da-

he was this close to screaming into a pillow, but he decided to bury his head in his sweat-infested hands as a more sensible reaction.

or, to like, go out again sometime."

from nowhere, jungkook's phone chimed the familiar tune, alerting him of a call. he rushed to grab it, his stomach growing heavy at the hopeful impulse that there was a possibility of the caller being the boy next door.

instead, a noise so insipid, which he thought he had been fortunate enough to escape from, had dug an agonising dagger into his ears.

"it's me, jungkook.
i need you."

no.

he couldn't bear it for another half second longer–the phone line went dead in an instant action of despair.

yet her speckled cheeks and sunken dimples at the corner of her embellished skin were his last coherent thought before his head hit his pillow.