K A L O P S I A
更美

the boy took a breath as he lifted his hand to knock on his neighbour's door.

jungkook's heart pumped boiling blood around and around his body, his insides as anxious as his outsides. winter had arrived early, only midday, and its melancholy coat of darkness pestered all those who were situated under it.

it was an ungodly hour to be doing something like this, but jungkook couldn't help himself–he felt an urge. the urge to drive himself over to his neighbour's house was effectively possessive; yet he simply followed along after the uplifting sensation which he felt after their blind, melodic encounter.

jungkook knew that he was going to like him already.

however, perhaps he shouldn't of had his hopes up so high.

finally, he gathered the strength in himself and tapped on the wooden door, the sound echoed on the other side. he kinda, sorta, maybe regretted the action immediately after.

anxiety tossed and turned in his stomach like a witch's poisonous brew. he prayed that he wouldn't open the door.

short steps,

deep breaths,

both movements a sign of shared emotion.

abruptly, it had opened.

there, in the flesh, stood the bearer of the enchanted voice, in the flesh, motionless and pale white. his hair was a tangled mess of chestnut brown which rudely created a shade above his eye line–his eyes gave off a glare which froze jungkook's bones, almost as paralysing as being nude in the middle of a hailstorm, where every chunk of ice was a frosted dagger, cutting into his skin sadistically.

every muscle in his face was tense yet did not manage to displace his charismatic features. as you can imagine, they had been staring at each other for a while now. conversing with each other using looks and no words.

taehyung didn't project his emotions very well, but one look at jungkook, and they were very similarly flustered.

all of a sudden, jungkook smiled enthusiastically from ear to ear.

that smile.
let him smile again.

taehyung braced himself as he watched the way his mouth opened slightly and he began to talk.

"h-hey, it's j-jungkook. the n-neighbour remember?"
he almost laughed nervously but quickly stopped his cringe-worthy actions.

"i-i'm taehyung."
taehyung nodded towards the boy.

jungkook cracked another infamous grin-causing taehyung to melt inwardly all over again.

"m-may i come i-in–"

he had slammed the door shut.

jungkook stood there, puzzled as ever.

what did i do wrong?

a surprisingly warm gust of wind surpassed his cold-ridden legs as the same warmth dripped solemnly from taehyung's leaking eyes–the overwhelming visit had gotten to him and the boy's toothy smile was too identical to his long lost friend's.

he knew that if he got too attached, everything would go wrong again.

his life just liked to torment him, didn't it?

jungkook trudged home,
clearing his schedule for the following day–he wasn't giving up.