Week 4

Good morning and happy Monday! Giving you all the next part of this short story just to brighten up your days :) Hope you enjoy this part!! 

****

| Week 4 |

It's already been four weeks since I've met Dakota. I've learned quite a bit about her but for some reason, I felt like she still had more to her than what she showed me. But that was okay because I still kept some things hidden from her as well. Although I wanted to share them with her, it couldn't just bring them up so easily. Some things just weren't that simple.

"Hey Cade! Stop spacing out bro!" shouted my coworker Aden. He was sitting on the other side of the room we shared when we shredded splinters off wood and smoothed it out.

"Sorry man," I apologized as I began to sand the wood I was working on.

"What's on your mind?" Aden asked as he stared at me.

"Just a lot of different things," I replied as casually as possible.

"I'm your main man Cade so there's no point in lying to me. Something's on your mind and it's affecting your sleeping schedule because you haven't shaved in a couple of weeks and you have bags under your eyes," Aden pointed out and I chuckled.

"Nothing gets past you, does it?" I asked and he grinned and started sanding his wood.

"Nope, now spill," he commanded and I rolled my eyes.

"Well, I met this girl," I began and in a flash, Aden was in front of me with wide eyes.

"Did I just hear right?! Mr. Cade Blythe met a girl?! Who is she?! Where'd you meet her?! What's she like?! Did you make a move already?!" he shouted and I pushed his face, which was several centimeters from my face, away.

"Chill Aden. Her name is Dakota. I met her about four weeks ago on the cliff top," I began and he let out a low whistle.

"She already sounds hot," he stated and I shook my head as a small smile danced across my lips as I began to think of her.

"No. She's not hot. She's like Aphrodite herself. Rather, she's an angel in disguise and I honestly can't get enough of her. She's kind of quiet but when she speaks, she speaks words a wise man would. She always has something deep and meaningful to share and I can't get enough of that. Being in her presence just makes me feel lighter and freer and allows me to voice out any and all thoughts I normally keep bottled inside," I explained and everything around me stilled and remained quiet.

I suddenly blinked and looked around me, realizing that I probably drifted off into another world as I described her. I faced Aden who was staring at me with his mouth slightly open and his honey brown eyes wide like saucers.

"I never thought a day would come where my best friend would speak so highly of a female. Now I really got to meet her," he stated and I chuckled.

"We'll see. I'll ask her if she'd be fine with it," I told him. Then I looked at the clock on the wall and clapped my hands once together. "Let's finish this now so we can leave early today," I added and we both began working again— Aden thinking about who knows what and me thinking about Dakota. I hope I could see her tonight.

****

"You're a little late," was the first thing she said to me as I joined her on the ground.

"Sorry about that. I took a nap after work and slept a bit more than I anticipated," I replied as I took in her form.

Tonight she was wearing another light and bright dress that reached just a little above her knees. It was a pale yellow dress that flared out a little at the bottom and remained tight at the waist and up. A white lace covering decorated the top and a small white belt wrapped around her waist. She was, once again, barefoot. Her hair was in a braid at the side and a white flower crown was perched on top of her head. She was beautifully breathtaking.

"I apologize. I hope these meetings aren't interfering with your schedule," she stated and I immediately shook my head.

"No, no. I want to be here so it's no problem for me. I don't mind this at all. I find this the most enjoyable part of my day," I found myself honestly saying and I mentally cursed myself after the words left my mouth. That was too quick!

She gave me the brightest smile I have ever seen before and I felt all my worries and nervousness disappear. "That's so great to hear! Thank you! I honestly enjoy your company a lot too. It's always something I'm looking forward to," she confessed as well and I felt like my heart flew out of my chest and began to do a happy dance.

I grinned at her and took her hand in mine. "So I'm not being a bother?" I asked just to see what else she has to say about me.

"Well...," she teased before she laughed and shook her head. "I'm kidding. Absolutely not. You really make my nights," she added as she stared at my face, although her eyes were mostly on the left side of me. I tilted my head to the side and frowned slightly. "Cade?" she called out and I snapped out my thoughts.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"I'm fine," I replied and she tilted her head to the side before she pressed her lips together.

"If you say so," she finally stated as she looked up at the heavens. We spent the rest of the night looking up at the stars and enjoying each other's company.

****

And there you have it. I know it's pretty short but hey. It's a short story after all :P Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. You got to see a bit of Aden's life outside of the midnight meetings and got to see how he sees and thinks of Dakota. Isn't it sweet? xD

Well, thanks so much for reading. If you enjoyed this chapter, please comment and vote to show your love and support! I'd really appreciate it :) I will see you all on Thursday, hopefully, with the next chapter. Take care till then! 

~Moni~