14

kim rowoon

i helped stacking up the plastic chairs and push them to the side. the three day party is already over. and it was well spent.

"rowoon."

i looked back after hearing my name was called.

"you can rest now. you've been working all day." boyeong said.

she went to my side and took the chairs from my hands. i followed her until she had already put the remaining chairs into place.

"it's okay. i can't let you do these things alone." i told her.

she sat down on the floor a meter afar from the stacked chairs. i sat down beside her and looked up to watch the stars.

"i miss this." i uttered. without looking at boyeong, i knew she's looking at me.

"the view of the stars here is better than when i'm in seoul. the city itself is too bright even in the evening. the lights are overpowering the stars."

"why did you even choose to stay there when you have your house here?" she whispered yet i was still able to hear it.

"sorry."

"why are you apologizing?" she asked.

"because... just... i just..."

"just don't drink beer too much. don't drink it just because you want to. and know your limits."

"yes, ma'am!" i said as i salute perfectly with my hands.

"by the way..." i started. "why do you oppose so much on drinking?"

"i have a reason."

i left my place and stood up. i kept my hands inside my pocket and i told her, "i know you have. that's why i asked you."

"just don't get admitted in the hospital because your liver starts to fail functioning. i had enough of that." she said.

i offered my hand to her to help her stand. luckily, she accepted it.

"why? it already happened before? to whom? i've never heard about anybody from our village who had suffered from that."

boyeong brushed off the dust from her pants and hands. she made way to the switch of the light and turned it off.

"yoonjo. yoonjo was once brought to the hospital because of that."