01

kim boyeong
(f) treasure, jewel; precious, rare; and petal, flower, leaf

"are you sure you'll be fine here alone?" dawon asked me once again. i gave him a faint smile to assure him that i can sell these vases alone so they could do their own duties.

rowoon and yuna were busy cooking food as chani and jaeyoon served them to the customers.

taeyang and dawon would invite customers into our booth.

youngbin and zuho were on the cashier for the food and i would be on the crafts we made. hwiyoung would be in-charge of the payments for the crafts we'll sell.

we greet everyone as they enter our booth even if they will buy or not. i could see them warmly welcoming the guests. i think it's only me and dawon who are so energetic today, like the usual.

"how much is this porcelain vase?" an old woman, probably in her 70's, asked. her hair was all white and she had already wrinkled skin on her face.

"that's 25 dollars, ma'am." i said politely. she looked surprised but a smile slowly grew on her face.

"are you sure?" she asked.

and i asked back, "why, ma'am?"

she let out a chuckle first before answering me, "it's a really cheap price for a pretty vase like this. how about this one?" she asked pointing at the other kind of vase.

"that's also 25 dollars ma'am. we made it ourselves. but as you can see, we are not experts." she seemed satisfied with my answer as she slowly nodded with a wider smile creeping up her face.

"i'll buy one each." i couldn't stop my happiness and quickly glanced at hwiyoung. we smiled at each other before he prepared himself to do his part next.

the old woman placed the vases she wanted on the table top. i carefully placed them inside their respective boxes.

"thank you for buying, ma'am!" hwiyoung and i said in chorus. we both sounded so excited causing our friends to look at our direction.

however, a noise from our back was heard on all the four corners of our room.

"what's that?" rowoon's voice was so loud that easily scared me. the old woman seemed a bit surprised too but luckily, she didn't complain about it and happily left the place.

"boyeong-ah... what should we do?" hwiyoung whispered to me as he kept on pulling me closer, as if trying to hide himself behind me.

i had to make a move quickly. if not, the blame is on me again.

"excuse me. what were you doing?" i asked the young boy who was sitting on the floor still laughing at their mistake. he and his friend just broke five vases after running around the shop.

"sorry. we were just playing around, right?" the young boy with red hair said as he help himself stand. the other boy just fixed his cap before starting to leave.

"h-hey. where do you think are you going?" i asked. obviously, i'm scared thought i knew i was a lot older than them.

"leaving. can't you see?" he uttered before they completely left.

"what are you doing? are you just going to watch them go?" rowoon asked with an obvious angered tone.

without a second of hesistating, i quickly followed the two boys. do i really have to do this?

"boyeong-ah!" i could hear dawon's loud voice calling my name. but i'd rather try doing something than just accept being scolded by rowoon. i'm so tired of it.