04

kim rowoon

"four hundred dollars. this is still not enough."

"just use the money that yoonjo saved. it's for her anyway." i heard dawon say.

the money she saved? she saved that to use for her dreams! not for her slot in the columbarium.

flashback

i was skipping happily to where yoonjo and i agreed to meet. wearing the tee i newly bought last week with the newly washed pairs of sneakers and jeans, i feel so refreshed.

but on my way to the playground, i could hear voices literally shouting at each other.

"i told you not to come here! i can do it on my own!"

isn't that yoonjo's voice?

"what? you can do it by yourself? i know how crazy you are and i am sure you will not break up with that kid. you'd rather play with us both, don't you?"

i quickly ran to where i could hear those voices are from. there, i saw yoonjo standing face to face with a man who's taller than me. more muscular and i knew who's older than me.

"hyung..." (older brother)

"oh, rowoon. you're already here." youngho said. he's my older cousin.

"r-rowoon. i thought we're going to meet at 4pm? it's only 2:36." yoonjo said.

"you're early too. wasn't it better that i'm early too?" i asked as i took an empty bench near our place.

"look." yoonjo uttered as she took the space beside me, "i wanted to tell you something."

"do you want to go to other place, somewhere private? or -"

"i want us to stop meeting, rowoon..."

end of flashback

"what do you actually plan to do with the money she left? not use it until someone else gets it? or until it is not anymore useable?" youngbin said.

"why do you all care about her money? i would rather get back her remains from the columbarium with my own money."

"we see you working so hard and we thought you were just wasting your time. yoonjo's death. if she really loves you, then she wouldn't want to see you be like this." jaeyoon said, which yuna agreed to, "she'll wish for you to be happy, rowoon."

wasting my life?

am i really wasting my life? but doing this for somebody i love, but who's actually already gone...