For some reason it's always been hard to lie to him, so I always end up just keeping the truth from him, by not telling him anything. I'll say, "It's nothing."

And he'll always respond with, "These tears aren't nothing." Changing the subject in the sentence to fit the situation each time, this time it being tears. Since I almost ended up crying, I had tears in my eyes. He wiped them away for me.

"I'm glad you're here though. I need a friend right now." I lay my head on his chest since he was close enough like usual.

"I can see." I feel his chest go up and down because of his heartbeat. He sighs lightly, making me assume he's making one of those sad looks of his. "You can't tell me today either?"

"...No. Not yet."

"...Then later today then." Kai says hugging me by my shoulders. I look up at him, "You usually just say no and leave the convo there. But today there was hesitation and you said not yet, plus you're willingly letting me hold you like this. Meaning you're finally going to be willing to tell me what's on your mind really soon. You forget, I can read you like a book now. I see our relationship finally leveling up again, CeCe." He smiles. I glare at him but he just playfully strokes my hair with the same expression, unaffected. "Don't get mad, anagram."

"Anagram?"

"Yeah, you're my anagram and I'm your solver. With every puzzle you throw at me, I'll just decode what you're saying by rearranging the letters and words." He taps my nose, "But please, don't go making your puzzles any harder to solve. Ne?" I pout again lightly. Kai removes his hand from my hair and moves it to my cheek. He looks into my eyes as if he was searching for something. "Maybe...today?"

"Hm?" Kai leaned in closer. He was going to kiss me. Kai has tried many times before, but we were always interrupted, or he would tell me the timing wasn't right. I always tended to ignore the fact that Kai liked me before, because I didn't see him like that and when he confessed, he really didn't seem serious about it. But lately, Kai's become extremely protective over me almost like Tyler or Treyvon. His expressions toward me when we are alone now are more serious than usual. I think now, Kai is truly trying to get me to fall for him.

I close my eyes and wait. Kai could have any girl he wanted with his overall charm, but out of everyone he chose to pursue me. And I'll admit, I can't think of anything about Kai that's really not to like. So why? Why not?

"If I had my own heart, I'm sure it be breaking right now."

My eyes snapped open a few seconds before our lips could touch. I cringe before he could get any closer. 'No! Someone please stop this!'

My blue diamond shaped necklace started to glow for the first time in years. Kai stared at it confused. "...Corrine?"

Suddenly my bedroom door slammed open, "How did I know you were already in here?" Tyler asked himself in a calm but sharp tone. "Look, it's too early in the morning for this. So would you just save me the trouble this one time and kick yourself out? Now!"

"Oh my gosh, Ty. I get a choice!?" Tyler's face became hard and Kai jumped up from the bed. "Say no more! Say no more! I'm on my way." He turned back to me before he went through the threshold, "Our shift starts in 20 CeCe." And with that, Kai was personally escorted out by Tyler, who also had to head out, in order to get to college on time. I laid on my back and let out a huge sigh. 'That was too close.'

"Nee-chan? Are you alright?" I grimace at the nickname and don't respond. Treyvon stood at the door way with his wash rag in his hands washing his face. My eyes flick to the clock and realize it was almost time for him to be heading to school as well. That also meant I was about to make Kai late for work. I made myself get up from my bed and start undressing.