2: Wake Up Call

Narrator's POV

"Treyvon. Get up, it's time to head out. Treyvon?" The young male spread out on the couch is too occupied with his PS vita to hear his older brother. He was ignoring him anyway, turning the volume up in order to play the music from the game higher in his earbuds. "Treyvon? I know you hear me!" Just hearing the tone of his voice, makes him turn the volume higher. That's when Tyler rips the cords out of his ears.

"Eh yo! What do you think you're doing Lindo!?"

"Treyvon, I've had about enough of you!" Tyler says snatching the hand-held device. "First of all, I told you more than once that my name isn't Lindo, it's Tyler~!"

"Mom named you Lindo. Your real name is Lindo. I'm calling you Lindo." Tyler frowns at his younger determined tone. He knew that Treyvon was still coping from their mother's death, and felt as that was the reason he was taking her last words so seriously, whether they were true or not. He figured that Treyvon's mind set probably wouldn't change about that for a while, so after another attempt of trying to get him to do so ending in vain, he chose to leave the topic alone.

Tyler sighed, "What's going on with you all of a sudden? There's obviously something wrong if you're ignoring me, and avoiding your sister."

"She's not my sister." Treyvon looked to the side with dead eyes, "Or had you not heard?"

"When did you start believing this!? You've never said that before!"

"When she set me straight." Tyler looked surprised, "That girl in the back room is not my sister, not my friend either. She's just a good for nothing freeloader."

"Trey, don't talk about Corrine like that. She's just as shaken as the both of us are about mom's death."

"She's just shaken? It's been 5 years! Isn't that all she is? She has no reason to act like that towards us!"

Tyler wanted to stop Treyvon from saying anymore, but he didn't know what he could say that could shut him down. In the years that had gone by, it had become hard for Tyler to keep control over his younger brother and his mouth. Not only was Treyvon a teenager now, but his "mostly" matured mind finally matched his age even though his body still didn't. And the boy had always been extremely smart. Tyler didn't want to admit it but, sometimes Treyvon sounded more like an adult than he did. Trey's words were always brutally honest and truthful. And everything that Treyvon had said was completely true. He wasn't wrong even in the slightest.

Treyvon stood up, looking at Tyler in the eye as he spoke, "If she's not related to us and doesn't like or care about us, why is she still here? Because she needs us to survive in this world, that's why. Without us, she'd actually be lost and alone just like I know she feels. But every time we try to tell her that we understand how she feels, that we want her to open up to us, she just coldheartedly pushes us away and shuns herself from everything! It's so damn frustrating!" Treyvon grits his teeth, then frowns, eyes growing dull. "The only reason she's still living with us in this crappy apartment is because you're to goodhearted to throw her cold azz out on to the street. It's beyond me why you still put up with her mess. She's so immature. Ungrateful a~"

"Treyvon, watch your mouth!" There's a sudden knock. Treyvon starts to go towards to door. "Wait Treyvon, I'm not done talking to you! If it's Kai at the door, he can wait."

"If it's Kai then I should just let him in. He seems to have more authority in this broken azz family than you do." Tyler swallows his next words as Treyvon ends the conversation. His last sentence stings. Tyler goes into the back and tries talking to Corrine. Treyvon opens the entrance door to the apartment and looks down both ends of the hall. "What the? Where is he?"