Autumn Fall Confession

//Happy (VERY LATE) Birthday our precious little baby Minghao. You've grown so much in a year and have given me heart attacks from looking so damn cute but hot at the same time. I hope to see you grow with seventeen even more. Also hey guys I'm busy sorry so another writing during my school breaks and car trips there and home//

Soonyoung's pov
The breeze was flowing gently as many leaves of different shades of warm colours drifted to the ground. It was a beautiful autumn morning for both me and also Jihoon. I think he was enjoying our time outside of the house since whenever I looked at him, he'd be lost in awe while having such a bright smile on his face. It was really just one of those moments where you couldn't ask for anything more. Thinking about it, last time we went walking, Jihoon seemed to really love the cherry blossoms. I guess he has a thing for beautiful scenery. It's quite a cute thing to watch as well hahaha. I should take him out walking every season then. I bet it'll make him really happy and that's basically all I could wish for. A happy Jihoon that'll stay by my side. Happy? I think I'll be able to do. But stay? I'm not sure if he'll be taken by someone else beforehand. Ahhhh why does love have to be so complicated... Well it's easy for some like the Jeongcheol couple but for me, it's quite a challenge but a fun one to experience. There wasn't a reason to go out walking today but Jihoon was looking out the window a lot this morning so I just got an urge and pulled him outside. Thinking about it now, what I did was quite embarrassing. I looked down right, in between me and Jihoonie to check if my mind wasn't making up anything. Yep still there. Our hands were still holding onto each other, fingers intertwined. My face heated up and I tried covering the bottom half of my face with my other hand. I failed to hide it of course. I know I've done so many more extreme things but this time, it's just can't handle how cute he is and how much we seem like a couple. Now remembering that we're in public, I really should let go before anyone we knows sees us. They'll embarrass us like no tomorrow... I let go of the Jihoon's hand and slowly tried to move my hand away but something kept me from doing that. I looked again, Jihoon's hand was holding onto mine and doesn't seem to want to let go. Shocked and surprised, I looked at Jihoon's face. He was facing away from me but just the little red tint on his ears was enough for me to understand. I soft yet warm smile crept its way to my lips. I held onto his hands for another time. Even though my heart was beating fast, I held on and pulled him with me as we ran through the falling amber leaves. He was confused as he ran with me but we both ended up laughing together.

A little while later, we found a bench by the path. Breathless we sat down to rest. After sitting down, I noticed what I didn't before. The view was beautiful, calming. The trees, colours and lights were in harmony with each other. I looked beside me and saw what I was expecting. Jihoon lost in his own little world. Eyes gleaming, trying to take in every little thing he can see. I giggled at the sight. Then noticing Jihoon's grip has weakened, I removed my hand. Wrapping my arms around his shoulders and resting my hand on his head, I patted him gently as he continued to awe at the view with a joyful smile. We just say there is silence. It wasn't awkward. Instead it was comfortable. Using this as a good opportunity, I asked him a question that I always wanted an answer to but also always had my heart feeling uneasy about.

"Jihoonie.. umm... there's something I've been meaning to ask," I started.

"Hmm?? What is it?" He replied.

"Well... do you.. do you like someone?" I ask looking into his eyes.

He looked back at me, eyes wide in surprise. He then looked down to his lap and nodded.

"Yes. I do like someone," he finally answered.

I blinked a couple of times. Did I hear that correctly.