[4.5] - Set Preparations [Closed]

Many famous disappearances have been linked to Jumpers, and many famed people whose identities have been questioned are Jumpers. Supposed "time travelers" are often Jumpers as well.

Take Amelia Earhart - she disappeared while flying over the Atlantic Ocean. Her trigger was to be flying for long periods of time alone, and it worked...

However, the planet she Jumped to lacked technology to let her fly again. She died in that Parallel.

     -JUMP Informational Textbook, Ver. 4 [outdated]

Day 8:

[October 17th]

Hollow Earth [+.10]:

21°F, overcast dank, misty (perpetually looks like the early stages of nighttime)

6:30 PM

[It has been one day since the last chapter. (An explanation of what's happened is in the in the last chapter... part)

***Cutscene_05.vid***

      Written on the back is as follows: /Testing 03, Sibling pair - Subj. 21, 22/

[black screen, white cue mark in the top-right corner, cut to a brown background with two blurry shapes, one much shorter than the other]

"I'm scared." - small voice, high pitch; probably a little boy

"I know you are, kiddo." - deeper, shaky; probably a teenage male

[pause]

"Where are we? I feel weird."

"I know." [pause] "About feeling weird, I mean. This place...it's giving me the heebie-jeebies."

[little boy laughs]

"What, you think that's funny? Heebie-jeebies?"

"Yeah. I think you're funny, To[REDACTED]--"

[noise offscreen, camera shakes slightly]

"What was that?"

"I...don't know. But hold my hand, Lu[REDACTED]. We need to get moving."

[footsteps slow, camera shakes]

"My feet - wait, To[REDACTED], I...I'm tired."

"I know you are. I am, too...but we gotta keep running or else the bad guys are gonna get us. The...heebie-jeebie monsters."

"I thought there were only boogie monsters?"

[nervous laugh, but a true laugh nonetheless]

"You're a trip, kiddo. No, these monsters, they...uh, ah jeez, my feet...hold on, Lu[REDACTED]"

[whimpering from the boy, panting from the teen]

"What's wrong with my feet? I put my feet in the right shoes today."

"You...oh god, it's this place, JUMP's...they said it'd be safe..."

"What?"

[sigh]

"Kiddo. I need you to go. Run, okay? Run as fast as you can, please...I...you, ha, your feet too...they said it could change us. I didn't..."

[grunting, camera falls, shows the ground and dead, blackened leaves]

"What's happening to you? Why are you getting--"

[low growl]

"Go. The heebie--jeebie...the monster..."

"No. I--"

[roaring, screaming, red on the camera]

[silence]

***

Current World:

Hollow Earth

[Information on Hollow Earth is in the Parallel Atlas chapter]

***

In the last chapter, characters Jumped to their first alternate Parallel as a group - called "Hollow World"....and soon after recovering from the Jump, a large group of bats (vampires) attacked. Some fought back, but many were taken: Ulysses, Kha, Ren, Dylan, Aya, Kayun, Titus, and Celinna. Celia made a plan with the vampires: give them her loyalty and hand Kha over to serve them and only them, and she'd get immortality via the original spell that turned ahuman into the first vampire...but Celia would become a vampire as well. Three vampires are notable: Sweetcheeks, Charming, and Crazy-Eyes.

In the time between last chapter and this one, the deal was finalized. The characters that were taken were gassed in the carriage they were delivered in and woke up in a cell, awaiting their fate: breeders, blood wh*res, etc. Ren/Ulysses are with them as well, confused as to what their fate is. Kha's serving the vampires, and wasn't under the effects of the gas earlier - she's been working for them near-nonstop. Celia's been treated well and hasn't been turned yet but will soon.

Those who were left behind burned the bodies and were figuring out what to do next when they were bombed, too - now they're all waking up in a large room. [If your character didn't join in the last chapter, they're with these people]. The Allies took these characters after seeing that they fought against the vampires.

Now, characters are split in the two main groups that are listed above. Those who are captured [besides Celia/Kha] are in a cell awaiting judgment, and those who weren't captured are just coming to in a large, empty room...but it's not as empty as they think.

Part 1 [day 1 of this chapter] is where characters learn about their new situations and figure out plans.

Part 2 [day 2 of this chapter] is during the Hollow Ball, where the Allies will put their magic to the test and [hopefully'] end the vampires' reign forever...with the help of the Jumpers. Meanwhile, a public display of power will be shown, and the captured humans will be shipped off, unless the Jumpers stop the vampires in time.

Details on the Hollow Ball will be coming soon.