Cuddles (Imagine #4)

(Y/N) P.O.V.

You awoke to a bright light shinning in your face, which just so happened to be the morning sun peaking through the window shades. Warm, protective arms were wrapped around your waist. You turned your head to see the beautiful blonde boy you fell in love with all those years ago. You slowly turned your whole body to face him, doing your best not to wake him. Soft snores erupted through the silence as his warm breath fanned your face. He fidgeted in his sleep, readjusting himself and pulling you closer. You nuzzled into his neck, placing soft kisses along his collarbone. "Mmmm," he hummed in his sleep. You giggled and looked up at him. You gently ran your fingers through his soft locks as you couldn't tear your eyes away from the peaceful boy sleeping next to you. He finally opened his eyes, revealing the soft shade of honey you adored so much.

"Morning babe," you mumbled as you still ran your fingers through his hair.

"Morning," he replied with his deep morning voice. He gently pressed his lips to yours. After pulling away, you nuzzled back into his neck.

"Please tell me you don't have to do anything today," you mumbled against his skin. He looked at you with saddened eyes, already getting your answer.

"Sorry baby. Riker wants us in the studio today," he responded, pulling you impossibly closer.

"Nooooo, I wanna stay like this forever," you whined. Today was one of those days where you just wanted to stay in bed and cuddle with Ross all day.

"I know baby, I'm sorry. But I promise we'll cuddle when I get back," he replied, sitting up. His arms fell to his sides and you missed him already. You rolled onto your back and stared at the ceiling.

"You better," you teased. He chuckled and kissed your cheek, getting up to get ready for the day. Once he was dressed, he kissed you goodbye and left.

---

It was about 6 o'clock in the evening when Ross finally made it home. The door that lead into the garage opened with a creak. "I'm home!" his beautiful voice echoed through the walls of your home. You got up from the couch and ran to him, feeling complete once you were in his embrace. "Miss me?" he teased.

"You have no idea," you mumbled into his chest. He chuckled in response.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a promise to fulfill," he said as he grabbed your thighs, wrapping your legs around his waist. You giggled into his neck as he made his way upstairs into your shared room. He laid down on the bed, taking you with him. You both nestled close until you were in the same position as when you woke up. "Much better," he sighed contently. You stayed nuzzled in his neck as he whispered sweet nothings into your ear.

"Maybe we should just have an in-house studio. That way you won't have to leave," you suggested, only slightly joking.

He nodded with a thoughtful expression. "Maybe we should," he chuckled. Silence fell between you two after that and you both stayed in each other's arms.

You did love a good adventure, but some days you just wanted to hold Ross for as long as your heart desired.