1.8

Kris's P.O.V.

8:45 P.M.

"Alright so Emma's asleep." Rizzo announces as he walks back into the living room where we are watching tv.

"Good, she's gonna need to be well rested for the next few days. And no I don't mean just the games." I stated angrily, and grabbed my water bottle and took a swig.

"So when's the trial or court case taking place?" He questions as he plops down on the couch next to me.

I held up five fingers. "Five days man. Only you and Maddon know. I don't even know how to bring it up to Emma that her dad is trying to take her back. I mean like he was a terrible father to him," I paused snorting, "if you could even call him that. Did you know EB calls him Mike instead of Dad. She told me the other night that she tries to call him dad when he comes home smelling funny or while he's with a girl so he notices her. No child should ever have to go through that." I finish my rant with a deep breath and take another sip of water.

"I doubt that the judge will take her away from you, I mean like your the best thing that's happened to her, and probably vice versa. Why don't we just tell the team to make these next few days really memorable so she when she finds out it'll be easier." He explained to me, in between sips of his own water. "Do you even have a lawyer or anything yet?"

"Yeah trust me I got that the day Maddon took me out into the hallway and explained the whole thing, I've called him a few times and everything. I've got my suit and everything set for the hearing on Wednesday. Luckily they chose an off day otherwise I'd be missing a game." I told him. "How about we go put our duffels in the car so the only thing we have to bring out tomorrow are the carry ons." I asked him while standing up.

Like he would disagree or anything.

"Alright let's go." We both split up heading into our rooms and grabbed the duffels. I slowly crept up towards the bed and smiled when I saw Emma's chest slowly rising and falling with he arms and legs sprawled out. Quietly I backs out of the room carrying all three duffel bags and walked out into the hallway with Rizzo. We hustled down to my car and unloaded the bags into the trunk, and sprinted back into the lobby.

Jeez why is it freezing outside.

I rubbed my hands together as we made our way up the elevator. "Did you leave the front door open?" Rizzo asked snapping me out of my trance. Shaking my head I jogged ahead and walked in.

Nothing looks out of place.

"KB where are you?" Emma asked as she walked out of Rizzo's room. She rubs her eyes and yawns, sitting on the floor, the become motionless.

Did she just fall asleep?

"Dude did she just fall asleep?" Rizzo whispered while laughing. Nodding I walk over and pick her up.

"Yep definitely asleep. I think I'm gonna turn in myself we have to get up early anyways. See ya in the morning." I whisper back to him as I walk into my bedroom and shut the door. Placing Emma gently on the bed I go do my nightly routine and change into a pair of sweats and a loose long sleeve shirt. Walking back into my bedroom I gently crawl onto the bed and pull the comforter up a little. Reaching over I pick Emma up and gently place her on my chest again.

"Goodnight KB." Her tired voice whispers before falling back asleep for a third time. Wrapping my arms around her I close my eyes and fall into a comfortable slumber.

*********

"Dude get up it's already four thirty!" I shoved Rizzo in the side again while I whisper shouted at him.

"Mom five more minutes please, I swear I'll get up then." He pleads before falling back asleep. Grinning I walk into his bathroom and grab a cup of cold water.

"Oh Anthony my dear boy, please wake up." I cooed in my best mom voice.

"Five more. WHAT THE-" he shouted as I dropped the water on his bare back. "Dude you need to learn where the line is and not to cross it!" He angrily muttered to me. Laughing my head off I walk back into the living room giving him a few minutes of peace.

"Alright I'm up lets go." He tiredly told me as he walked out of his room in sweats and a sweatshirt, while pulling on his slides. "Don't you dare judge what I'm wearing. I am tired and I don't feel like looking nice." He snapped and walked out of the door.

Well someone's a little feisty in the morning.

Chuckling to myself, I walk back to the couch and pick up my backpack and then pick up Emma who was bundled up in a blanket. Placing her comfortably in my arms, her head lulled into its usual spot in the crook of my neck and I smiled. I met Rizzo in the car a few minutes later, and got into the passenger seat. "Just this once I am allowing you to drive my precious car okay." I told him seriously.

Nobody touches Kris's car but Kris.

Smiling to myself, Rizzo and I rap to songs all the way to the airport. "Park over there." I point out the Cubs parking sign and he turns right and finally parks after driving around for a few minutes trying to find a close parking spot. We both hop out of the car, grab our bags and head through the airport.

"Ah finally Bryzzo thought they could finally grace us with their presence." Maddon's voice called out from the steps. Everyone's heads turned to look at us and I gave them a sheepish grin.

Whoops.

"Time for bag checks and security." A police officer calls out. I dropped my bag and shoes and everything that was needed into the cubbies. I gently took the blanket off Emma along with her shoes and put those in another cubby.

"Is she still asleep?" Dexter asked as he came up next to me. I nodded laughing. "She could probably sleep through a herd of elephants or something." He told me, whilst pushing us along to the body scanner. "You know you have to wake her up for this right?" He gave me a pointed look.

Shaking my head I walk over to an agent with a metal detecting wand. "Can you please scan her so I can keep her asleep, she really needs the rest." I plead earnestly.

The officer doesn't hesitate and quickly wands over Emma. "All clear sir." Silently thanking her I walk back to the scanner so I could get checked.

"Here hand her to me, I'll give her right back don't worry." Maddon joked with me. I faked a smile and gave Emma to him.

I swear to god if anything happens to her.

I was cleared by TSA and began to grab all my things from the cubbies. "Let's board the plane." I began to rush and bundled everything up in my backpack and rushed into the plane reserving my spot.

Ah seat 8B.

Plopping down I put my backpack in the seat next to me and looked around waiting for Maddon to walk on. Upon seeing him I stood up and held my arms out for Emma. "Here ya go Kris, she didn't even move." He told me as he passed her to my arms.

"Thanks Maddon." I honestly replied while giving him a smile. Gently placing Emma back into my arms in a comfortable position. Rizzo and I took our annual plane selfie and I began to feel myself grow tired. Blocking out the guys around me, I wrapped my arms Emma, "good night EB." and let her breath tickling my neck lull me into another round of sleep.

I was so excited to write this chapter, I don't know why but I was. Haha thanks for reading I'll try to update again today but I won't promise anything.