1.2

Kris's P.O.V.

4:21 P.M.

"Third up is Kris Bryant." The announcer cried out. Running over to Emma I gave her a quick kiss on the head.

"Love you Emma bear." I called out as I ran out into the field towards my home at third base.

"I love you too KB." She yelled at me, voice diminishing at the end as she thought I couldn't hear her. Smiling I snag the ball Rizzo through at me and whipped it back at him as hard as I could.

Gotta get some of that anger out from the conversation with Maddon.

Giving me a confused look, Rizzo threw the ball to Addison. Giving him a shrug in return I shook my head again. "Get your head in the game. Focus now worry later." I whispered to myself bouncing on the tip of my toes.

Focus.

Watching Ross throw the ball from home to second, I looked into the stands trying to locate Emma and Jeff. My eyes found them and I gave a small wave. Of course every girl around her went crazy thinking it was for them but I only smiled when I saw Emma wave back at me giving me a thumbs up.

Now I can focus.

"First stepping to the plate for the San Francisco Giants is Joe Panik." The crowd began booing like crazy. Smirking I bent my knees like crazy putting my weight on my toes. Jake pitched the ball and I split stepped forward.

"Strike one." The home plate umpire called. Stepping back, I repeated the same actions twice more before Jake struck him out. Putting up my right index finger, I waved it to Addison who then repeated my action to Baez and then finally to Rizzo.

After two more quick outs, we hustled off the field, ready to hit. Grabbing my bat and helmet, I stood at the base of the dugout. Watching Dexter swing at the first pitch, the ball launched into the air. The crowd roared as he safely slid into second base. Pumping my fist I walked to the on deck circle.

After two strikes, Baez later down a beautiful bunt. The Giants' catcher Buster posey could only throw him out. Slapping a high five to him as I walked up to the plate.

"Now up to the plate, the third basemen, Kris Bryant!" Thundered the announcer. Nodding my head to the walk up song, I took a few practice swings.

Here we go c'mon Kris.

Stepping into the box, I set my feet and bend my knees. Watching Johnny Cueto wind up, I held my bat up a fraction of an inch higher when I heard Emma.

"C'mon KB!" Her tiny voice sounded so far but it rang in my head. Putting all my weight on my left foot, I swung my bat as hard as I could. My arms and hands vibrated as my bat connected with the ball.

Open your eyes. Wait when did I even close my eyes?

Taking off from the plate I sprinted up to first watching the first base coach signal keep going. I tapped first base with the right foot and plowed on, looking into the outfield I couldn't see the ball, but the third base coach was signaling for me to go to third. Ducking my head down I sprinted as fast as I have ever ran in my life. My lungs burning, I was prepared to slide until I heard, "KEEP GOING!" Sucking in a deep breath I touched third and turned towards home running fast.

GO KRIS

Launching myself head first I brushed my hand across the plate. Looking up I see Joe West fling his hands to the side.