0.9

Emma's P.O.V.

11:42 A.M.

"So Emma, do you wanna see what Kris does?" Maddon asked me while motioning another guy over. Watching the man hustle over, I wondered who he was. "Can you please get Emma a Cubs sweatshirt and maybe a Bryant t shirt please?" Frantically nodding the guy scribbles down what Maddon says and sprints off.

I guess that guy isn't playing.

"Now Emma lets go watch Kris hit." Taking my hand, he walks us in front of the dugout. Sighing he kneels down and slowly lowers into a sitting position. Following his lead I plop down on my butt. When all of the sudden my vision goes black.

Why can't I see?

"Maddon did it just go dark?" I question him, looking around. I hear him laughing to the left of me, and I feel hands grab my head. Freezing, they gently pull up and my vision comes back. "Hey thanks!" I tell him giggling.

Crack. Whipping my head, I look towards the field and see a ball flying through the air. "That's Kris for ya." Maddon whispers.

KB did that?

Opening my eyes wider, I watch KB hit ball after ball. "Wow, that's amazing." My voice comes out barely a whisper.

"Here you go Maddon. A sweatshirt, t shirt, and blanket for Emma." The man tells Maddon while handing him the stuff. Standing up I put on the sweatshirt.

Perfect fit!

Next I had Maddon help me out the t shirt on over my sweatshirt. "Looking good Emma!" Riz calls out to me. Running over to him smiling, I giggle and grab onto his leg. He tries walking around pretending to not know where I am but stops as he hears me giggle. "Gotcha." He cries and grabs me lifting my up.

"Do you like my t shirt? It has KB's name on it!" I tell him looking down at it.

"Why don't we go show him right now?" Seeing that I nodded in agreement, he sets me down and we walk over to the batting cage. "Ready, set, go." He whispers to me and I take off running towards KB.

"KB!" I shriek. Watching him turn around he smiles and sets down his bat. Stepping towards me he reaches out his arms. Jumping into them he pulls me up and spins me around.

"I like your shirt EB." He stated while looking at. Giggling I smile and push my face into the crook of his neck. "How would you like to try and hit a baseball? He asks me. Pulling my head up I smile and nod my head vigorously.

I wanna be just like KB

"Alright, well lets get you a bat then." Motioning to Riz, he comes and stays by me, while KB looks for a small bat. KB runs back over to me with a bat. "Here try this." Nodding I swing it back and forth. Giggling I smile up at him.

"Ten bucks, Emma hits better than Kris." Dex calls out to everyone. Laughter erupts and people gather around us. Looking concerned, KB leans down "Are you okay with this?"

Uh, I don't really know.

"Yeah I'm fine, just a little nervous about everyone watching." I tell him honestly. His face relaxes a bit and he nods.

"Ready Emma?" Jake asks me, getting ready to toss me the ball. Nodding, he tosses the ball, and I swing the bat.

Crack. I drop the bat in shock as I see the ball go over Jakes head. "Everyone owes me ten bucks." Dex calls out, snapping them out of their stares making them laugh.

"KB! I'm just like you." I cheer while turning around and looking up at him.

"Yes you are my little Emma bear." He calls out, grabbing my arms. Swinging them back and forth I begin to giggle and jump around.

"KB and EB, KB and EB!" I cry out, still jumping around. Laughter continues around me but I just focus on KB. Scooping me up, he puts me on his shoulder.

"KB and EB together forever." He whispers in my ear. Squeezing me closer to him, I wrap my arms around his neck and rest there, suddenly feeling all the energy drain from me.

"Alright back to practice everyone, the game is in less than six hours." Maddon calls out. Everyone grumbles but begins to spread apart. "Except you Kris, you stay here."

I'm so tired.

"Hey Rizzo, can you take Emma." KB called out. Closing my eyes, I feel myself being lifted from KB's shoulders into Riz's arms. "I'll be back in a few minutes Emma bear. I love you." He tells me kissing my head.

"I love you too KB." I murmured. Riz wrapped a blanket around me and began carrying me away.

"Kris we need to talk about Emma right now." I hear Maddon tell KB right before I drift off to sleep.

So sorry for this chapter. Just kinda adding it to build the plot and Kris and Emma's bond. But thanks for reading!! Lemme know what you think. I will update again today don't worry.