2.4

Kris's P.O.V.

2:49 A.M.

"Did she just say dad?" I questioned Jake turning to look at him wide eyed.

"Uh I think so man. It's probably because she's tired and sick, she probably won't remember in the morning. I'm tired so I'm going to sleep. Good night." He declared turning off the last light plunging us into darkness.

Dad? Why do I feel slightly disappointed at what Jake said. I mean like it's probably true. I guess just because she's sick, she won't even remember it in the morning.

Carefully climbing into bed, I placed Emma on my stomach and then wrapped the blankets up and around us. I placed my hand on her forehead one more time before I closed my eyes.

Definitely gonna have the Richard team doctor look at her tomorrow.

********

"Kris get up man." I was rudely wakened by Rizzo shoving me.

"Where's Emma?" I harshly whispered as I sat up not seeing her in the bed.

"Don't worry, Addison is with her in front of the tv. She's still sound asleep, didn't even stir as he picked her up. I mean like neither did you until I forcefully began pushing you." He told me throwing a new shirt at me. "Late night or something?" He finally stopped talking and waited for me to answer.

"Uh yeah sorta like that. Emma got sick last night and we were up for almost an hour." I responded after I had swapped shirts. "When's breakfast?" I asked as I walked into the living room area and looked at Emma curled up into Addison's arms.

No need to be jealous. She's asleep otherwise she would be in your arms.

"Who wants breakfast because I'm starving." Jake suddenly announced as he walked out of the bathroom and straight towards the door.

"Here ya go Kris, as always she was easy to look after. Didn't even move as I picked her up from your stomach." Addison handed Emma to me before following Jake out the door.

"After you." Rizzo made a hand motion letting me walk in front of him. Shifting Emma in my arms I placed her head on my shoulder and continued walking. "Hold up Kris." Rizzo cried out making me stop and turn. "Here's this, just something I bought for Emma but forgot to give to her." He told me as he handed me a small Chicago Cubs blanket.

"Thanks she'll love it." I lifted her up and let Rizzo place the blanket over her. Giving me a thumbs up we both walk into the lobby side by side.

"Look who finally arrived, sleeping beauty and Emma." Dexter called out earning a laugh from everyone including myself.

"Rizzo I didn't know that you were a princess." I exclaimed earning a bigger response that Dexter had. Smirking at Rizzo I walk over to the table and sat down adjusting Emma her so she could lay down across my lap.

"Breakfast is served." Frank called out as he placed trays of food on each table.

"Thanks Frank." I cheered out along with half the team. "Ah waffles my favorite breakfast food." I mumbled under my breath as I grabbed a three of them. Placing a tiny bit of syrup on my plate I began to eat. "So good, I don't know how he does it but everything I eat is amazing." I announced to everyone at the table even though they already knew it themselves.

"So what is Emma gonna eat?" I looked up from my waffles to see Maddon looking at me.

"She's actually got sick last night at like two, so I had some soup ordered up and she had a little before she pretty much passed out. I'm just gonna let her sleep for a little longer before I have Richard check up on her." I cleared my voice after I had explained the situation to him.

"Oh now I can understand why you guys were late to breakfast. I was about to have you run sprints for making me wait to eat." He laughed to himself as he went back to eating.

"Ha you should have seen all three of them asleep this morning when Addison and I walked into the bedroom. Jake was able to wake up right away but nope not Kris or Emma." Rizzo cried out making our table laugh.

"I mean like they were dead to the world. I had to have Rizzo help me pry Emma out of his grasp, and yet still neither of them stirred. I was in front of the tv for like ten minutes before sleeping beauty woke up." Addison chipped in, making Maddon snort.

"Didn't you see how long it took for him to wake up from his nap last night at the pool. We probably could've kept them out there and they wouldn't have woken up till this morning." Rizzo picking up right where Addison had stopped.

"In my defense I was very tired and I was comfortable." I told everyone lifting my hands in a mock surrender. "I'm going to try finishing my breakfast in peace if you don't mind."

I zoned out letting their playful banter become background noise. I finished my waffles and then stood up ready to get a second helpings. "Kris I heard Emma is sick. Do you want me to look at her while you finish eating?" Richard asked walking up to me.

"Sure, do you need me to come with you or anything?" I asked while wrapping the blanket around Emma before passing her to him.

"Nope, this little munchkin is all I need. I'll be back in five to ten minutes." He called out while adjusting Emma in his arms. "Still sound asleep are we?" He whispered to her before walking away from me.

"So what happened last night?" Rizzo asked standing next to me while grabbing more food.

"Uh I woke up when Emma scrambled off my chest. I fired she had to go the bathroom so I just let her go but then I heard her crying. I got out of bed and made it to the bathroom as fast I could." I paused taking a breath noticing everyone at the table was listening. "I turned the light on and she had gotten sick and had a high fever. I quickly put her in a cool bath before I left her for two minutes to go order some soup. I walked back into the bathroom and she was asleep in the tub. I tried waking her up but she wouldn't even stir. I yelled for Jake to find his phone in case we needed to call someone. She finally woke up just as he found his phone." I finished my explanation by sitting down and stuffing a waffle in my mouth.

Why are these so good?

"Tell them what happened after she finished eating before she went to sleep." Jake piped up joining the conversation.

Uh no thanks.

"Uh I don't believe anything happened?" I tried to make myself sound believable.

"He's lying. He squints his left eye when he lies." Rizzo pointed his finger at me grinning.

So much for the help best friend.

"Fine okay she called me dad as she passed out." I muttered fast still glaring at Rizzo.

"No way man!" Maddon exclaimed dropping his jaw along with almost everyone else who had listened. Nodding my head I looked down and felt myself turn red from embarrassment. "Hey it's nothing to be ashamed of, we are proud of you here." Maddon assured me.

Before I could respond another team doctor ran up to me. "Kris you need to go to Richard and Emma right now. It's bad really bad." Clark hurried out as he pushed me in the direction of them. Without hesitating I weaved my way through the guys and tables trying to ignore the feeling of dread filling my stomach.

Emma please please please be okay.

Cliffhangerish ending! Haha sorry for it but it's worth the less than 24 hour wait. Thanks for reading :)