Chapter 5: A Wild Party

"If you make me eat another piece of cake I'm gonna puke," Rogue groaned, leaning against the back wall. His face was pale, and almost blue, purple, or even green. Unfortunately, Rogue wasn't as good as handling large portions of food like Sting was.

"Well you're no fun," Sting teased, shoving a huge chunk of vanilla cake into his mouth. "This shit is amazing. Our lady's such a good cook."

"I'll agree to that, but I don't think eating ten pieces of cake is needed to prove that to be true," Rogue mumbled, covering his mouth. "If I ever eat another slice of cake again... it'll be too soon."

"More for me then," Sting grinned, grabbing Rogue's share of chocolate cake. He didn't even care that it wasn't his usual preference of 'I-only-eat-vanilla-flavored-things.' He gulped it down and finished it in ten seconds, rubbing his full belly afterwards with a happy sigh.

"I don't understand how you do it," Rogue said, pushing himself off the wall and recomposing himself. "What are you, a cow? Seriously, how big is your stomach?"

"About as big as my appetite," Sting chuckled, wrapping an arm around the shadow dragon slayer.

"You better not have gained any more weight. It took me nearly a year to get you back into shape after that eating contest we had. Please don't make me go through that again," Rogue sighed, remembering all the hours of training and exercise he had to be in charge of.

"Hey, at least you didn't have to run on the treadmill for three hours a day! Or lift weights until your arms broke off!"

"Well I'm not the one who stuffed myself and didn't bother burning off those calories afterwards," Rogue smirked, building up his smug manner.

"Fuck you," Sting pouted, pulling Rogue closer. Their cheeks were now pressed against each other's, leaving little to no space in between them.

"You may do that later," Rogue whispered, turning slightly red. Sometimes he didn't know where he got these randoms spurts of confidence from. Perhaps it was due to him hanging around Sting so often. It'd only be natural that he picked up on some of his quirks.

Sting's eyebrows went up suggestively, a sinister smirk plastered on his face. "How about we ditch the party and go right now~?"

"Shut up, idiot! The way you worded that makes you sound like a creeper," Rogue laughed, shoving Sting's face away from his. While touching his face, he took the time to wipe off stray crumbs that were left behind on the corners of his mouth.

"That tickles," Sting squealed, his face tingling from the sensation. "But it also feels good."

"You weirdo," Rogue sighed with a smile as he brushed off the last crumb. His ruby eyes remained fixed on Sting's lips, watching them with careful precision. His face subconsciously reddened, causing Sting to smirk.

"W-what's with that look?" Rogue asked, suddenly flustered.

"I'll show you," Sting whispered huskily, leaning down and closing his eyes.

Before Rogue could react, he felt soft lips capture his own. In that very moment, all of his worries washed out of him. Every ounce of doubt was swept away like a tide. This was the Sting he'd fallen in love with for years. The one he trusted with his life. The one he'd sacrifice his own life for.

Rogue was getting caught up in the moment. He craved this feeling, and nearly felt tears come to his eyes at the thought of it. He believed that he had lost Sting forever to some unimaginable dark force, and he was so scared, but this one, simple act of affection was all he needed to bring him back to his feet.

He didn't want to break away, and Sting didn't look like he wanted to either.

Unfortunately, the chair that was thrown at them thought otherwise.