We prepared together with Min Cha and each checked if everything was perfect.

Min Cha: I think we're ready!

To go to the restaurant, we decided to take a taxi rather than the bus. It was a little more chic.

I separated the bill and we joined the guys inside. They were already seated at the table we had reserved. We would have preferred to be in the private room that the restaurant has, but it was already booked. Although nobody seemed to recognize us until now.

I saw Jooheon for the first time since he told me to want to "take a break". I realized that I had almost forgotten his face. There was something different tonight. When he saw me, he stayed still and didn't even make a move. I was looking for what was wrong, but I couldn't find it.

Once we received our drinks, we made a toast to our new "celebrity life".

Kihyun: Do you know what's coming for you in the upcoming months?

Suk Hee: We have some shows coming up, we have fan meetings in several mall centers and we're also invited on some TV shows.

Minhyuk: Wow, it's starting well for you.

Jooheon: Well, it was the same for us.

Minhyuk: It's still great for them anyway.

He nodded as if he didn't care.

Me: By the way, I was invited to participate in the third season of Unpretty Rapstar.

I.M: Seriously!! I knew you'd end up getting this kind of opportunities.

They all seemed happy for me. Of course, there was Jooheon who didn't seem to approve. He really wasn't in his normal condition.

Suk Hee: You didn't tell us... They didn't talk about me?

Me: Oh, uh, I don't know.

Suk Hee: You know what, next year I'm going to audition on Show Me The Money.

Hyungwon: If there is one.

Suk Hee: That's pretty sure.

Hyungwon: Or not.

She gave him a look full of frustration and he fell silent.

Jooheon: In any case, I wish you good luck for Unpretty Rapstar. You've hardly written any songs and your freestyle... phew... I'm not sure.

Why was he so mean..? By hearing him speak and act, I finally realized what was different. He really made me think of the Jooheon I first met, the Jooheon, which over our first meetings, hated me and spoke to me this exact way. This Jooheon came back when I left Monsta X's dorm for the last time, when he told me about this damn break. It wasn't a pause, clearly not. It was the end, that's it. I'll never see Jooheon's soft and charming side again, I'll never hear his romantic words again, his not funny jokes or his aegyo customized just for me. Never again will he be mine.

I took a sip of water and saw a familiar silhouette appear in my sight. She approached slowly, and then I recognized her face.

Cho Hae.

We all had the same idea in mind. Send her away, prevent Jooheon from turning around and act as if she had never come. It was downright harassment, I was freaking tired of it.

She approached more and more, so Shownu, even if it was not subtle, got up, but he couldn't even do something as she pulled a revolver from her purse. He sat back down immediately.

Everyone who was back to her turned around and saw the gun in her hands.

Cho Hae: Nobody move or I'll shoot.

She had shouted it for all the people present in the restaurant. Everybody was now turned to our table to watch the scene that was happening.

That's when she said these words, I noticed that she was pointing Jooheon.

She looked him straight in the eye. He looked scared.

Jooheon: Wha.. what are you doing?

Cho Hae: Ahh Jooheon... We could have a beautiful life together. I thought that when I came back, you would jump into my arms and you'd be happy that I wasn't dead for real. But instead of that, you have forgotten me and you found a bitch to replace me. I saw only you, I loved only you, you betrayed me Jooheon!

She shouted that last sentence.

Hyungwon: A bitch? Isn't she too harsh..

Cho Hae: Shut up!

She pointed Hyungwon with the gun and returned slowly Jooheon.

Hyungwon slid down in his chair as low as he could.

True, she called me a bitch, but I had barely paid attention to it. There was more important right now.

Jooheon: Drop that gun.

Cho Hae: No, Jooheon, no.

Jooheon: Why..?

The tears began to flow down Jooheon's cheeks.

Cho Hae: Rather than see you love another person, I prefer to kill you with my bare hands.

I began to tremble. She wasn't really going to shoot, right? I felt tears pricking my eyes. What to do in such a situation?

I saw her hand directing the gun to Jooheon's heart. At this time, I got on the table taking a momentum and jumped on Jooheon to put him on the ground, but a shot was heard.

Had I been able to protect him?

Jooheon: Ha.. Ha Neul. Are you okay?

Me: And you?? You're not hurt at least?

A glaring pain overcame me. I suddenly felt dizzy, then nothing.

End of chapter 29! Thanks to follow the fiction and to vote^^

Gamsahabnida!