Chapter 13

Singing teacher: After hearing you, I have separated the parts depending on your abilities and your position in the group. So Min Cha got the most vocal parts and Suk Hee, the most rap parts. I decided to gave a bit of both to Ha Neul because she's as good at singing than rapping.

It made me happy to know that I did well in both, but between singing and rapping, I preferred rap. Admittedly, I was first a singer, but now, and since a while, I was a rapper in itself. I may not be underground, however, I knew I had the talent. And I don't mean by this that Suk Hee doesn't deserve her rap parts, she's enormously talented.

Singing teacher: For your debut, as it was the case for most industry groups, we have imposed you a concept. We'll see how it's received by the public and if your popularity increases, we may be able to let you choose the style you want to project for the rest of your career. If you want to be cute or hip hop or whatever, got it?

It was obvious to me that the cute concept had no place in my life. Having a cool style wouldn't prevent us from making aegyo in TV shows, of course, but for the songs, hell no. I even prefer sexy than cute.

Singing teacher: So let's start practicing for real.

During the next hour, the teacher corrected us and showed us the best ways to sing this or that to make our voice or words worthful . As a voice teacher, she has not touched the rap parts and will leave it to Jae's care. Although Suk Hee didn't sing in the song, she was the back voice at the end so she had to sing well.

When it was over, I went to the kitchen to eat something.

When I arrived, the table was surrounded by Monsta X's members. I had this crazy timing. They seemed happy to see me. Even if we lived next door, we didn't always have time to talk.

And let's say that since the incident with Jooheon's mother...

Yeah, we didn't see each other much. His mother went back home and wasn't likely to come back so I didn't understand why he took his distances. Nevertheless, I respected that. I knew that the authority of a mother could sometimes be difficult to manage and it was better to follow the commandments to get away easily afterwards. It was the same with my father huh.

Wonho: Ha Neul! Come and sit down.

I took a fruit dish in the fridge and sat down on the right end of the table. At the other end: Jooheon.

I could see the same scene that happened a year ago. While I was sitting with them, Jooheon had left the room like that without saying anything. I was afraid that it would occurs in the same way today. We wouldn't get back to that level... Whatever, if I remember correctly, this day had ended with a kiss.

Speaking of kisses, it seemed to me that it had been an eternity since the last time we kissed. It wasn't the time to remember all those things that made me nostalgic and that made me want Jooheon when I knew very well that it wouldn't be possible. For today at least.

Minhyuk: Is it going well?

Me: Yeah not bad. We got our parts decided.

Kihyun: And so? Does it look good for you?

I hesitated a few seconds before answering.

Me: Well... not so bad. No, actually, it's fine. Not perfect, but it's very fine ya know.

Unwittingly, I had perfectly expressed that I didn't like it that much.

Shownu: I know Suk Hee is also a rapper, but you got the main part at least?

I shook my head by acting like I didn't care.

I.M: What? It's not possible. If we compare with us, you are Jooheon and I'm Suk Hee. In our first song, Trespass, Jooheon is the main rapper and I have my little part at the end. It should be the same with you.

Hyungwon: Yeah but it's not the same because they only have one singer. Ha Neul can do both and others cannot. I understand that Ha Neul should be the main rapper, but with only Min Cha for singer, it won'tt be as good.

I.M: Then why did they get rid of Yun?!

I admit that we wouldn't have had this problem if she was there. I probably would've had as much rap parts as Suk Hee if not more.

Kihyun: Well money. They said it.

Jooheon silently listened to the conversation. He said nothing, but I knew him enough to know that he analyzed everything thoroughly in his head.

Minhyuk: I'm sure money is just an excuse.

Wonho: You want to be the accountant of the company? Let's talk about it after.

Minhyuk: As if you, you were the best placed to speak.

Kihyun: Anyway, be it true or not, that's what it is and we can't change that.

A phone started vibrating on the table. It was I.M's one. He took it and brought it to his ear.

I.M: Yes?

...

I.M: What?!

...

I.M: Wait, already??

...

I.M: But damn, I won't have enough time.

He quickly stood up and left God knows where.

End of chapter 13! Thanks to follow the fiction and to vote^^

Gamsahabnida!