Chapter 13

The council meetings were held underground in the superhero facility, where only the most powerful and important heroes could gain access to the underground meeting area. No one outside of the council really knew what was down there, or what it looked like. Harry'd never been down there, Gemma hadn't either. It was a mystery to them, what was down there. There'd been a rumour that it's where they kept the villains locked up, the villains that were more psychotic than most.

Harry's parents thought all villains should be locked up, but the rest of the council were reluctant to agree to the idea. Harry knew he didn't have any idea about the extremes the real heroes went through to keep those people locked up. He had no idea what the villains were capable of. What if one day he couldn't control them anymore? What if he just wasn't a good enough hero? He didn't have super strength and he couldn't fly or knock anyone out. He wouldn't win in a fight, he was weak. Maybe that's why his parents hired security for him. Maybe that's why he was constantly monitored by his parents and Liam and his security. Either way, it was frustrating and he hated it.

That's why he decided he was going to rebel. Well not really rebel, he was just going to sneak out to a party Olivia invited him to. She would be here any minute and Harry was excited yet nervous.

He had no idea where this party was or who's party it was or why Olivia asked him to go.

Suddenly, he heard a bang on his window and figured Olivia was there and was throwing rocks at his window. He winced and quickly opened it, only to be hit on the head with a rock and for him to cry, "Shit!" He tried to be as quiet as he could because his parents were downstairs, but it was hard considering Olivia was shouting, "Hurry up!" Frantically and waving her arms above her head when Harry attempted to climb onto the Window ledge.

As quickly as he could, he pressed his hand against the wall and a vine slowly made its way down to the ground, creating a smooth exit for him. Slowly, he slid down the vine and held onto it for dear life, then sighed in relief when his feet touched the ground, "Nice." Olivia complimented and Harry left the vine there so he had a way back inside when the night was over.

Glancing at his window one last time, he followed Olivia, who unlike the last time she was outside Harry's house, was wearing beat up vans and skinny jeans, "It's Nate's party, so you've been to the house before."

"Oh, cool." Harry said awkwardly, following Olivia in a rush because she was a quicker walker than Harry was.

"Another thing, you can't use your powers, it's not a party like that, it has normal people there and we don't wanna give anything away. You understand right?"

"Yeah, yeah," Harry gulped, looking at the house that had red cups on the front garden and for some reason there was a couch on the grass. He could feel the beat of the music vibrating underneath his feet and once again he had to swallow the growing lump in his throat, "This is... This is it?"

"Yep." Olivia answered simply, grabbing Harry's arm and leading him to the entrance of the busy house. The door was already open and the music just got louder when they got inside. Harry'd never been to a party like this. Where people were drunk and making out in the middle of the room and not once has he ever seen someone's tongue go down someone's throat.

He mentally gagged and followed Olivia further into the mess that she seemed to call a 'party'. He apologised quietly every time he accidentally brushed shoulders with someone or if he stepped on their toes because Olivia was moving to quickly for him to keep up.

He certainly didn't fit in with this sort of crowd.

Not at all.

Eventually Olivia stopped abruptly and Harry clumsily bumped into her back, apologising for at least the tenth time that night, "Drink?" She offered.