I felt myself cringe at the memory, worse at the fact that he was telling me that I smelled bad that night. I knew that, but for him to tell me was terrible. Instead of dwelling more on those embarrassing memories, I looked at his face. He looked tired and worn out, but I could see his resolve there.

"There was a fire in you, a pure flame of innocence and that was something I wanted. Whenever I was near you, I felt peace and tranquillity. Being around you made me consider what the consequences of most of my actions would be like and often I felt like I should be a role model to you, but I was not and for that, I am sorry."

I stretched my hand out and he took it, wrapping his hand over mine. "It's alright," I said and leaned back against the pillows. "But why are you here? Why aren't you with your future queen?" I asked.

He gave me a small smirk. "She can take care of herself," he said teasingly.

I crossed my arms over my chest. "I can also do that!" I huffed, angry that he was making me look weak.

He laughed and came to lie next to me. He twisted so that he could look at me, while I stared at the ceiling. "Of course you can," he teased. "But you come out with injuries and jump from the third floor."

I sat quietly, knowing that he was right.  I was foolish to jump from the window. I could have died.

"So, why did you run back into the house?" he asked me seriously.

I took a deep breath. "I had to get the things that I took from my parents' house," I answered in a small voice. I didn't want him thinking that I didn't appreciate what he has done for me, but the brutal truth was that my parents' things I was never going to get again.

"Why didn't you ask Vasya to go and get it for you?" he asked with barely concealed anger.

"How could I ask a friend to endanger his life for something that is meaningless to him?" I asked quietly.

He snorted. "He is a bloody vampire, Liv! He would have made it out without nearly killing himself!" he fumed.

I smiled. "I didn't nearly kill myself. Besides, nothing was broken," I said laughing.

He turned to look at me with a dark scowl on his face. "It isn't funny."

I nodded and said nothing, but frowned as my ankles started throbbing. "I'll get you some medication," he said gruffly and walked out.

I rolled my eyes, knowing that he was just trying to avoid a huge fight. Why shouldn't we just hash out our feelings? But then again on the other hand, what feelings would he have for me? He had admitted that he wanted to be a 'role model' for me, so that basically just negates any romantic feelings he would have.  

I sighed and curled into the pillows as best as I could. When he comes back with medication I will take it and then I'll just sleep, I decided. Not even seconds after I thought it, Alex walked in with three tablets in his hand and a tall glass of water. Wordlessly, he handed me the tablets.

"Painkillers and a sleeping tablet," he said quietly.

I raised my eyebrow at him and he was quick to defend himself. "No, it is not because I don't want to talk to you, but because you have to heal," he said quickly.

I snorted, but took the tablets and the water. With a quick and noiseless gulp, I swallowed it. "Thanks," I muttered and then turned on my side to sleep.

"Burn her!" she cried. A beautiful woman stood with a dress as black as the night, yet it was the sequins that gave it away as she sashayed under the moonlight. Her red hair looked like smouldering fire as she walked with slow, deliberate steps towards me.