The Best Six Things

//12//

“Are you done with the names?” Jace asked as she sat down on the bottom of the hospital bed. I grinned and waved the notebook around in the air.

“All six! Can you get Julian in here?” She nodded swiftly and left the room. Moments later, the prince walked in. It still felt weird. I mean, the fact that my sextuplets’ father is the prince of England!

“Okay... what do you think of these names?”

•••

“So you’ve got the names?” The nurse asked. I nodded eagerly, taking Julian’s hand. My entire body was sore and off balance, but I refused the wheelchair since I was able to support myself.

“First born... Asa Hendrix. Second is Tegan Hollister. Then, third is Zacharias Hugo. Fourth is Landon Red. Fifth is Jarek Roman. And last but not least, Calista Rose.” Jace looked over at me, tears in her eyes.

“Aw! Those names are absolutely stunning! I’m going to call them Ace, Holly, Zac, Donny, Rome, and Callie!”

“Thanks, Jace!” I stumbled over and gave her a huge hug.

“Em, you’re going to be a wonderful mother.” Julian smiled at me.

I turned to look at my beautiful children. Maybe this whole parenting thing wouldn’t be so bad after all.  I was going to get through this. I was going to be okay.

Aca, Holly, Zac, Donny, Rome and Callie were the best six things that ever happened to me!