1

You had just begun to doze off, when the teacher said the one sentence you had been dreading for days.

    "And now, I'm going to assign your first project of the year."

    The class groaned. Like yourself, most of the students in your computer science and programming class were only there to take a nap. The teacher barely gave out tests, and didn't check if you were paying attention or not.

    "This time, we're going to be creating matchmaking apps.  You will be in groups of twos, one male and one female. This is so both genders get output on the app. I'm handing out the project framework now."

    A packet of paper was dropped on your desk, and you stared at it, uncomprehending. What little resolve you had left was used to pick up the paper, and turn to the first page, to which you immediately put it down.

    "And now, we will be selecting our partners." The teacher said, catching the class's attention. "If you aren't satisfied with your partner, you may request a switch."

    For about ten minutes, you watched as people were partnered together, some cheering and talking excitedly, and some sitting on opposite sides of the room, glaring.

    "Why does it have to be a girl and a boy?" The girl to your right grumbled.

    "Who hasn't been partnered yet?" The teacher called, and you raised your hand. Three others followed suit. "Alright then, Sans, you came be with Y/N."

    The two of you quickly shot a glance at each other, you'd never spoke to him before. You shared certain classes with him throughout the week, and the most interaction you'd had would be him holding the door for you after class.

    The teacher clapped her hands together. "You can have the last ten minutes of the class to plan with your partner."

    Mostly everyone got up, and started chatting loudly. You just doodled an OC of yours on the project outline.

    "Nice drawing." You sat in silence for a moment, and turned around. Sans sat on the desk next to you, with his trademark smirk on. It wasn't uncommon for monsters to be in classes, but you had never actually interacted with one, much less done a project with them.

    "Uh-" You mentally cursed yourself for being awkward.

    "So, we're making a matchmaking app, right?" He asked. You nodded slightly. "I never pay attention in this class, so this will be difficult."

    You smiled. "Me too."

"You're Y/N, right?" He said.

"Yeah." Right now, you couldn't speak in regular sentences. You'd been at this school for two years now, but you still couldn't seem to hold onto a conversation for not than a minute.

"I'm Sans, but you can call me Sans." He joked. You let out a small laugh. During the summer, you had looked up your schedule, as well as your new classmates. You remembered seeing him listed as 'Gaster Sans'.

The bell rung, and you hastily said goodbye, gathering your stuff. After being late to many classes last year, you had a new resolve- to get to every class early. You pushed open the door, and began walking towards Geography.

"Wait!" Sans caught up to you easily. "We have to work on the project together, so we need to be able to communicate. Only problem- I forgot my number, can I have yours?"

Oh.

Another joke. You grinned, and typed your number into his phone, and in turn he did he same.

"See ya, Y/N." A wave, and he was gone, leaving you on his contact page. The contact name was;

G!Sans <3