Chapter 19 - Dressed In White

Börja om från början

However, now that I needed to get changed out of my night gown and into a new outfit for the day, I realised just how little variation my closet contained; besides the essentials, only white dresses were to be found.

Leo was just as confused by this as I was. 'Why is there no... colour? Did you choose all these?'

I turned to him, bamboozled. 'No. This is as much of a surprise to you as it is to me. No pants, no shirts... only white dresses. Maybe the kings like white?'

Leo growled at that.

'Oh, calm down. They're harmless. They've been nothing but nice to me this entire time.'

'Probably because they want something from you,' Leo muttered.

I raised an eyebrow. 'What was that?'

'Nothing,' he quickly uttered. 'Just pick one, then we can leave.' He spun around, knowing I didn't like to be watched whilst changing.

I nodded, picking up the dress closest to me. It was gorgeous, I had to admit. It was modern looking, a pure white fabric with elbow length sleeves, tight upper section, and a loose, flowing train that trailed behind me rather gracefully. I smiled happily. At least they were nice white dresses.

'Done,' I told Leo, allowing him to spin back around. Wrapping his arm around my waist gently, we made our way out of the closet, out of the bedroom, and into the hallway to be escorted by Amelia and Liza to the kings' office room.

After a solid three minute walk, we arrived on the top floor of the palace, seemingly where their bedrooms were also located. Liza knocked on the door, stepping aside to allow us to pass as the heavy wooden door swung open.

Roman greeted us with a smile, gesturing to the two seats situated before three large wooden desks. Tanner sat in the middle of the three, as the oldest, while Roman and Lexa sat beside him at their own respective desks.

The room was dim, the crackling fire reminding me of Leo's father's office. It had a nice, relaxing atmosphere about it.

Sinking into my chair, Leo was forced to let me go. I smiled assuredly at him, sensing his concealed concern for my safety.

Calm down. We're fine. Relax. I trust them.

Leo nodded in reply, squeezing my hand in thanks as he sank into his own chair. I still sensed his concern, however he managed it well. He sat confidently, awaiting the kings to begin this impromptu meeting.

'To begin,' spoke Tanner, 'we apologise for the kidnapping of Jame. We apologise to the both of you, of course; it was a rash decision we originally believed necessary. We couldn't wait to talk to her, though that is no excuse. Are we forgiven?'

Leo grudgingly nodded along with me. 'And I also apologise for illegally crossing your border. I couldn't wait to see my mate, safe and sound. I suppose that means we're even?'

Roman nodded, eyes shining. 'Of course.'

'So what made you want my mate's presence so desperately? She was willing to meet with you, you knew that.'

Tanner nodded. 'Yes, we did. However, we were reluctant to wait, and wished to speak to Jame alone. The only way we thought this was going to happen, was by taking matters into our own hands.'

Leo was on edge. 'For what purpose?'

'We want Jame to be our sole heir to the throne. In fact, we want her to take over this country's rule, as is her birth right, as soon as possible.'

I stayed quiet as Leo's mouth dropped open. 'But- she's my queen! You can't just...'

Lexa rolled his eyes. 'This is exactly the reason we wanted Jame alone. You are too possesive of her to make any calculated decision where she is involved.'