N i n e t e e n

I woke up to the sound of muffled voices, a few of which I recognized. It sounded as though Harry, Ron, Hermione, Luke, my dad, and a few others were with me.

I opened my eyes, only to see a white curtain pulled around the bed I was laying in. My body ached badly, making me slightly whimper as I tried to move.

That was when Luke and dad peeked through the curtains, and smiled weakly at me. 

"Hey, baby sister." Luke said, sitting beside my legs.

"How are you feeling, honey?" Dad asked, worriedly.

"Bet she feels great." My brother snapped, obviously stressed out by the sight of me.

"Guys, it's okay. I'm just fine. Where am I?" I said, trying to prevent an argument.

"You're in the Hospital Wing. Madame Pomfrey said she's never seen such an extreme case. She says you're lucky not to be in St. Mungo's." Luke explained.

"Best day ever," I mumbled.

"You took all of that pain just to save me?"

"Of course I did, you knucklehead! You're my big brother! I would've never forgiven myself if I didn't save you."

He pulled me into a gentle hug, making me smile. 

"I love you, Violet. Never forget that,"

"I love you too."

>>>

Once Madame Pomfrey finally decided that I was healthy enough to be discharged, I left the Hospital Wing, with only my arm wrapped in bandages.

I will admit, those Grindylows really had me eaten up. Nasty little bites covered almost every inch of my body, making me feel a bit sore all over. Other than that, I was fine.

Anyway, I made my way towards the dungeons, needing to get to the Slytherin common room. A nice shower, and some new clothes probably would've felt nice.

Just as I reached the stairs, I was engulfed in a bone-crushing hug, startling me half to death.

"Thank goodness you're okay, Violet!" Hermione's voice exclaimed, as she hugged me tighter.

I gently returned the hug, wincing, as her hug began making my body ache. "I'm alright, Hermione."

She pulled back, and smiled at me. "I didn't know Madame Pomfrey would let you out this soon. Oh, Harry will be so happy to see you!"

"Where is he? I thought he'd be with you." I inquired, frowning.

"He's in the common room with Ron. I was just on my way to the library. And I thought Harry talked about you a lot. You should've heard him after he saved you during the second task."

"H-He saved me?" 

"Well, yeah. When Luke came out of the water without you, Harry jumped in to find you. When he came back with you, you were unconscious, so we rushed you to the Hospital Wing."

"Remind me to thank him the next time I see him."

>>>

The next day, I earned quite a few 'congratulations!' from the other students of Hogwarts. I wasn't entirely sure whether they were congratulating me for living, or for saving my brother. Either way, the support felt nice.

As I made my way to the Great Hall for breakfast, I spotted Harry, and sprinted towards him at full speed.

He had just turned around, when I engulfed him into the tightest hug I could manage to give him.

"Hello, Violet." He said awkwardly, while hugging me back.

"You saved my life." I whispered in reply.

"Honestly, it was nothing--" He stopped when I jerked back, and glared at him.

"You are the reason I am above the ground! You're the reason my family isn't grieving at my funeral right now! Don't you dare say it was nothing, Harry Potter!"

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry." He said, putting his hands up in surrender. "You're welcome. I'm glad I saved you."

"That's better. I'm glad you're okay. I guess it was pretty stupid of me to leave you behind. Seeing Luke down there really scared me, and my instinct was just to save him, you know?"

"Yeah, I understand. No hard feelings. The task is over, and everyone made it out safely. We're tied in second place."

"That makes me feel loads better." I said, sarcastically, making him laugh.

"I hoped it would. Now, can we get to breakfast? I'm starving."

"Yes, Harry, we'll go to breakfast."