T h i r t e e n

"Violet! You did amazing!" Harry exclaimed, as I walked back into the tent. "How did you do that?"

"I don't know. Luck?" I replied.

"Your face, it's bleeding."

"I know,"

He brushed his thumb just above the wound on my face, staring at it with concerned eyes. "You should get Madame Pomfrey to fix that up for you. It could get infected."

"You got it, Doctor, but I'd like to speak to my father and brother first, if you don't mind." I teased him, as I saw Luke and dad hurry in. 

Of course, Luke was the first to pick me up, and squeeze the life out of me. "I knew you could do it, baby sister. I just knew it," He whispered, kissing my head.

"You did beautifully, kiddo. I knew we'd put something special into the world when your mother had you." Dad said, but quickly shut up after he mentioned her.

"W-Why didn't she show up?" I asked, as Luke let me down.

"She said she didn't want to see you get hurt, and she had to watch Charlotte." He explained, gently.

"Right," I mumbled, tears brimming my eyelids. "She hates me, doesn't she?"

"No, honey, of course not. She's scared to death, and your mother doesn't quite handle stress well." Dad told me.

"Does she not think I'm afraid too? I'm the one competing in these tasks. Oh, right, she believes the Daily Prophet!" I snapped.

"Alright, you caught us. But, you'd think she'd find it suspicious after Rita said you were 12." My brother said, earning a smack on the head from dad. "What? Is lying suddenly the right thing to do?"

"It is when your sister thinks her mother hates her! Have you no sympathy for her, Luke?"

"Of course I do! That's why I'm not lying to her!"

"Guys, that's enough," I told them, before their argument could worsen. "I don't want to watch you guys fight, okay? I need to go to the Hospital Wing for my face."

"Alright, sweetie. We'll be here to see you at the next task." Dad responded, hugging me, and kissing the top of my head.

"He means that we'll be here to watch you win. I love you, Violet." Luke said, pulling me away from dad, and hugging me tightly. 

"I love you too, Luke. I love both of you." I replied, hugging him back.

Once my brother pulled back, he and dad sent me soft smiles, before leaving. I watched them exit the tent, smiling to myself.

That was when Harry came up beside me. "Ready to get to the Hospital Wing?"

"Yeah, let's go."

>>>

As I sat alone in the Slytherin common room that evening, I tossed the golden egg up and down, catching it each time. 

"What did I nearly get killed for, huh egg? What do you do?" I asked, staring at it. That was when I noticed a latch at the top of the egg, and smirked. "Let's find out,"

When I opened the latch, a loud screech erupted from it, causing me to flinch, and cover my ears, dropping the egg. 

"What the bloody hell is that noise?" Someone shouted. I ignored them, and reached down with my foot, trying to close the screeching object.

That was when the person snatched it up, closing it for me. I looked up at them, and scowled when I saw who it was.

"You did all that for this piece of shit?" Malfoy asked, tossing the egg to me.

"Wow, for once you said something agreeable in your life. I'd consider that an improvement." I replied, smirking at him.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. So what did you do to that dragon to make it give you the egg? Did you use the Imperius Curse on it?" 

"No, I didn't even use my wand. To be honest, I don't really know what it was I did. Maybe it read my mind or something. Why do you care?"

"Being curious doesn't mean I care." He sneered

"Yes it does,"

"Whatever, I'm going to bed."

"You do that."

"No goodnight?"

"Why would I wish you a 'goodnight' if I don't want you to have a good night?"

"And you say I'm the asshole." He muttered, walking up the stairs that led to the boys' dorms.

Grinning widely, I made my way up to my dorm myself. There, I threw myself into bed, still fully dressed, and went to sleep.

>>>

The next morning, when I walked into the Great Hall, I saw Harry, Ron, and Hermione waving at me from the Gryffindor table. I smiled, and walked over to them. "Good morning," I greeted them.

"Sit down." Hermione said, smiling at me. I did so, and smirked at the boys, who were conversating. 

"Looks like you two are finally on speaking terms again. That's good," I told them.

"I knew he'd give in," Ron said, grinning.

"You knew I'd give in? You mean you know you'd give in." Harry corrected him, rolling his eyes. I laughed, causing the two of them to do the same.

That was when a small boy, with curly hair, came up behind Ron, holding a box. "Parcel for you, Mr. Weasley." He said brightly, causing the redhead to turn around.

"Ah, thank you, Nigel." 

But, instead of hurrying off, the boy only stood there, as though he was waiting for something to happen. Hermione cleared her throat, causing Ron to turn back around.

"Not now, Nigel, later." He hissed, ears going red.

The boy nodded, and ran off. When Ron noticed Hermione and I's bewildered faces, he sighed. "I told him I'd get Harry and Violet's autograph."

I rolled my eyes at him, before grabbing a platter of bacon. 

That was when Peep swooped down, landing in front of me. Tied to both of his feet, was a package.

"You poor thing. Luke overworks you, doesn't he?" I cooed at him, untying the package. "What did he send this time?"

As Ron tore open his package, I opened mine, only to reveal something black, folded neatly. I pulled it out, and found that it was a beautiful black dress, with jewels peppering it at the top, and slowly fading towards the bottom.

"Wow, it's beautiful," Hermione told me, in awe.

"Yeah, it is. But, it's already giving me a really bad feeling."