S e v e n

I woke up late the next morning. I had found myself in a warm bed, which I didn't recall falling asleep in. Actually, I didn't remember falling asleep at all.

"It's about time you woke up, Violet." Hermione's voice said to me.

I looked over at her bushy-haired friend, and yawned. "How did I get in here?"

Hermione grinned, closing the book she had been reading. "Harry carried you up here. He said you fell asleep in his bed."

"That was nice of him. I'll have to thank him for that." I thought aloud, getting up, and stretching. 

"Violet, are you blind?!" She suddenly shrieked, making me jump. "N-No,"

"That poor boy is in love with you! Have you not seen the way he looks at you?"

I frowned at her, already confused. "Who? Harry? He's not in love with me! Why would he have any reason to love me? I'm just plain old Violet."

She looked at me, clearly bewildered. "You're meaning to tell me you think absolutely nothing of the fact that he's always a nervous wreck around you? Think about it, Violet, he's always blushing, he stutters, and he can't keep his eyes off you!"

"He doesn't do any of that around you or Ron?" I asked.

"Of course not! He's only started doing it when you came along."

My eyes widened, causing her to grin. "I broke Harry Potter!"

Her smile quickly faded, and became a scowl. "You really are hopeless when it comes to romance. Violet, Harry. Potter. Has. A. Crush. On. You. You didn't break him!"

"I refuse to believe that until he tells me himself. He's probably just socially awkward around new people. I would be too if everyone knew my name, whether or not I've ever met them."

Hermione rolled her eyes, and let out an exasperated sigh, before heading towards the door. "Fine, believe what you want. But, don't tell Harry we talked. He'll probably want to kill me."

---

That evening, I walked with the trio to see the selections for the Triwizard Tournaments. Personally, I was quite excited to see who would get picked. A lot of girls had been squealing about Cedric Diggory, who was apparently putting his name in the Goblet of Fire.

As the three of us walked into the Great Hall, someone grabbed my wrist, making me stop. The trio didn't notice this, and weaved their way through the crowd without me.

"I thought you could stoop no lower, spit-up girl," Malfoy sneered, forcefully turning me around to face him. "But, here you are, surrounding yourself with a Mudblood, a poor disgrace, and the most attention-craving person known to mankind."

"Don't you talk about them like that!" I snarled, attempting to squirm out of his hold.

"Not so fast, gorgeous, I'm not finished with you." He said, tightening his grasp on my arm. 

Already fuming, I spit directly into his eye. "Bite me,"

He merely smirked, using his free hand to wipe my spit away. "Lovely, aren't you? Oh, and believe me, I'd love for my lips to touch your precious skin, but it simply can't be that way. You're so filthy, I might become ill."

He walked away, leaving me both angry, and disgusted at the same time. How I despised that boy.

"There you are, Violet!" Hermione's shrill voice exclaimed, causing me to turn in your direction.