Chapter Sixteen: Blood Does Not Equal Family.

Start from the beginning

Max didn't think any of it was fair. Why did he have to go through all of that when other people had it easier.

He rubbed both of his eyes as he walked through the hallway. He was just going to go to his uncle and do as he was told. Submitting was going to be much easier anyways. He didn't have the emotional strength anymore to argue.

Max heard a crash and a yell in a nearby room. He heard Nico's voice and immediately ran in, thinking Nico was in trouble. He pushed the door open, "Nic-" he froze suddenly.

Mikhail was on the floor and Nico was over top of him. The center table in the middle was toppled over on the floor. Mikhail and Nico looked over at the door with shocked expressions. Mikhail immediately turned red and Nico smiled innocently. Max blinked a couple times thinking he interrupted something and shut the door slowly as if he hadn't just slammed through. He stayed by the closed door, "Is now a bad time?" He asked.

"This isn't what it looks like!" Mikhail shouted.

Nico laughed, "I think he thinks I was trying to have my way with you."

Max looked back as Dan and Sera both came running towards him, "What happened?!"

Max shrugged slowly and stepped aside as arguing was heard from inside the room. He simply pointed at the door. Dan, being curious, opened the door and immediately shrieked in excitement. Sera peaked over her shoulder and Max also looked inside. This time Nico was laying flatly on the floor grabbing onto Mikhail's wrists to stop him from flailing around as Mikhail was basically straddling him.

Mikhail looked over and got off of Nico quickly, "This isn't-. We weren't-"

"No need to explain. Sorry for interrupting." Sera said with a thin smile.

Nico sighed and sat up and ran a hand through his hair, "It was just getting good, too. Max, you have the worst timing."

Max lifted up an eyebrow, "I thought you were in trouble. I didn't expect to see you jumping the arrogant nerd."

"He wasn't!" Mikhail tried in desperation, not even attempting to correct Max's nickname for him, "I was feeling sick from last night and started falling! I grabbed at Nico at an attempt to catch myself but dragged him down instead!"

Dan whistled softly and asked, "You sure that wasn't your intention all along?"

"No!"

"Come on, Miki. You should have just asked instead of devised such a plan." Nico said with a small smirk. "I would have gladly gotten on top of you."

Mikhail glared at him and smacked his shoulder, "That definitely wasn't what I was trying to do!"

Nico shrugged, "You can admit to being in love with me. Don't be afraid."

Sera shook her head with a small laugh, "Food is ready whenever you two rabbits get tired of going at it."

Mikhail's eyes widened as he got flustered. He stood up and rushed past everyone who was standing at the door. He went out towards the kitchen, attempting to run away from the conversation.

Sera and Dan laughed, "Sorry, Nico. Maybe next time." Dan said with a playful shrug as they went back to the kitchen.

Max was left standing at the door as Nico stood up from the floor. He looked over at Max, "You're still here? What's up?"