"Please," he begged. "If I mess up again then-then, I'll leave it alone. Let me take you out on a date tonight."

I thought long and hard and slowly walked towards him.

"I guess you should have thought about that before, huh?" I asked before turning back around and heading to my class.

The day had passed by extremely slow today and we were just dismissed from class to go to lunch. I was walking and scrolling down tumblr, when someone bumped into me. We both came crashing to the floor and I couldn't believe how distracted I was to even pay attention to where I was going.

I looked up to see a strawberry blonde haired girl. She was tan and from the looks of her long legs, she was probably almost as tall as me.

We laughed as we realized we both had bumped into one another because we were distracted by our phones. Teenagers and their technology.

"That was my mom's fifth time texting me to see if everything was going alright at my new school," she said and rolled her eyes.

I smiled at her sarcasm. "Oh you're new?"

"Unfortunately.. I can't even find the cafeteria," she said.

I got up, dusted myself off and then helped her.

"Well I'm on my way there now. I can show you where it is if you like?" I asked.

"Yeah that would be great. Thanks," she said with a flashy smile as I began to lead the way.

" I'm Kylie by the way," I said.

"Amie," she said back.

As we neared the caf, I said, "You should sit with me and my friends, since you're new and all."

"Okay cool."

We entered, got our lunches, then headed over to the table.

Soon, the table was filled with all of my friends, including Levi.

"Everyone, this is Amie. She's new," I introduced her. Everyone smiled in her direction.

Matt, Austin, Karly, Madison and Levi all introduced themselves. Basketball, dance, cheerleading, art and football, they all had life stories to tell. Fortunately for her, I didn't play any sports, participate in any extracurricular activities and I basically lacked anything someone would find interesting so I couldn't bore her any further, though she seemed to be enjoying the gang.

I saw in my peripheral Levi glancing at me multiple times but I didn't say anything to him. I completely ignored his entire existence. No eye contact, no nothing. Just then, my phone buzzed and it was a message from Levi.

'Can we talk?' It read.

I stared at the message for a few seconds before sitting my phone on the table, faced down.

The entire lunch period, we got to know Amie and she got to know us. She seemed pretty cool and I could definitely see us being friends. I would classify today as a good first day for her. She met all of us and we all took a genuine liking to her.

Afterwards, Amie and I stopped in the restroom before we had to go to our last class.

"Soooooo," I said while staring into the mirror, applying Chapstick. "See any boys you're interested in?" I didn't mean to pry, but well, she had to think someone was cute right!

Amie just laughed.

"Oh come on! Your secret is safe with me," I said with a smile. "Plus this is what friends do. We," I paused. "Investigate."

She eyed me for a moment then gave in. "Well Levi is kinda hot."

My heart started to beat quickly. "Uh. Levi is kinda.. off limits."

"Except for who?" She asked me.

I knew I had completely rejected Levi earlier, but I still didn't want to see him with someone that I'd just befriended. That would suck epically.

She looked at me for a moment, then laughed.

"I suspected you two had a thing for one another and you just confirmed it," she said. Dammit. I'd completely failed that test she'd just give me.

"How did you even know?!" I joked.

" I mean this is what friends do. We," she paused, mocking me. "Investigate."

I smacked her lightly on the arm and she chuckled.

"Does anyone else know you two are together?" she asked.

"Well that's the thing, we're not together. I'm not even talking to him right now," I stated and Amie's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"That sounds way complicated," she said.

"You have no idea."

She just laughed. "Come on girl. We need to get to class," she said as we exited the restrooms and headed to class.